Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dhugal View Post
    Mitchell - I took your comments as dismissive and given that your avatar indicates you work for Sencha and you made no clear indication that these were personal comments they appeared to be from Sencha as a whole.
    There wasn't clear indication? The quote you have for this comment starts by saying "I personally disagree...".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of what you read into things.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dhugal can only hope to improve

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    There wasn't clear indication? The quote you have for this comment starts by saying "I personally disagree...".

Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of what you read into things.
    I don't read things into anything - I was referring to your original comments which had no such clarification.

Perhaps it would have been cleared if I had said:

"Mitchell - I took your first comments as dismissive"

You're taking a section from your subsequent clarifcation and trying to apply it to your original comments - which is what should have been done in the first place and the whole point of my post.
    I personally disagree.
    Was not associated with:

Just another compiler to make things ugly
    Or

Or you can write correct and productive JavaScript without the need of any compiler like coffeescript or typescript
    You only added it after people had started complaining that this response from Sencha was dissapointing.

The whole point of my post was to say if you're going make personal comments then make it clear they're personal at the time - not after several people have complained.

I would also remind you and Sencha that a response along these lines is not a great way to represent yourself or your company:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless of what you read into things
    Ask yourself this - would you consider it to be a good customer relations exercise if you walked into a store with a query and the guy in the walmart uniform said "That's crap"...

Then, only after several people had complained, he said "It was only my opinion - you read to much into things".

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dhugal View Post
    Ask yourself this - would you consider it to be a good customer relations exercise if you walked into a store with a query and the guy in the walmart uniform said "That's crap"...
    Actually, just bought flowers for my fiance and asked the person, "Are these good for saying congratulations?" Was met with a reply, "No, those are not." I took it as a personal comment.

There are differences in people, one person will read into things more than someone else, I understand that. This

Just another compiler to make things ugly
    to me is an obvious personal comment but that's just how I read into it.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The term "read into" isn't applicable in my opinion.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/read[1]

read into (something): to think of (something, such as a comment or situation) as having a meaning or importance that does not seem likely or reasonable

I would say that it seems quite likely or reasonable that a member Sencha's staff, on Sencha's forum who is a using a Sencha avatar, with a Sencha job title is a representative of Sencha.

As such I think its very likely that his or her comments should represent the company.

I would argue that by not explicitely stating when an opinion is personal you are assuming readers will take it one way when most will take it another.

If I go onto any vendors forum and read posts from the vendor's staff I would expect them to be curtious, polite and to represent the company. For example, take a look at this

http://www.telerik.com/community/for...e-builder.aspx

I notice most posts have had a response from someone at Telerik, every one that I have looked at appears to be proffesional and polite - Not dismissive one liners.

Vote Rating

This forum is an Open Discussion. I can understand some reading too much into something so I tried to clarify. If you don't want to accept that then I'm sorry you are taking it out of context. It seems you want to win and we aren't going to get anywhere so I'm not going to reply to this anymore, we aren't getting anywhere due to our difference of opinions.

(unsubscribed)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I do care who "wins", I am trying to get you to acknowledge the point that your original posts did not include any clarification that they were personal opinions, that taking them as representative of Sencha is entirely reasonable and that responding to customer queries/posts with dismissive one liners is not good for Sencha as a whole.

Many potential/existing customers will look at this forum and other vendor’s equivalents and base their future purchasing choices on the responses of the vendors employees.

In my opinion you’re doing a pretty good job of putting people off.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fabio.parra is on a distinguished road

Default TypeScript definitions

TypeScript definitions

I found a project on Github that generate typescript definitions for ExtJS. I dont know if its working already.

https://github.com/zz9pa/extjsTypescript

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    almson is on a distinguished road

There's a lot of confusion on what Typescript is. To clear it up the are two points:

The part of typescript that ISN'T type-safety (classes, etc) is mostly ECMAScript 6. In a big way, Typescript = ECMAScript 6 (plus a compiler that turns it into ECMAScript 3). So why the hate?

The part of typescript that IS type-safety is pure awesome (for VS devs). It is true it is analogous to comments and such. It is more elegant, but that is besides the point. The point is there is a VS plugin that reads in this metadata and gives cool features like error checking, intellisense, and refactoring (interesting factoid: the plugin isn't a part of typescript itself). People want to use this plugin. It requires a .d.ts file to contain the metadata. So please provide this file.

To clear thing up a bit more, the .d.ts file can be used with pure javascript.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    almson is on a distinguished road

I want to point out that ExtJS is the migration path for Silverlight and XAML devs looking for the features they've grown accustomed to. So is Typescript. This is why supporting it is a wise business decision for Sencha

Vote Rating
    Frank is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no need of StrongType for JS....
    Ext Every Day!
    ajaxjs.com

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar