Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    diptarag is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJS EditorGridPanel vanishes on disabling the container panel

ExtJS EditorGridPanel vanishes on disabling the container panel

Hi I am using ExtJS (version 3.2 which cant be changed), I have an EditorGridPanel inside a Panel (panel has several other elements also), there's one checkbox to enable/diable the Panel, now the problem - when the panel is disabled the editorgridpanel vanishes, but re-appear after the panel is enabled, while the expected behaviour is the editorgridpanel should be diabled like all other elements in the panel, this happens only with IE 8 + Quirk mode
    Is there any workaround of this problem without changing major attributes of the container Panel?
    Thanks in advance

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Please provide some code .. how are you disabling the grid panel?
    panel.setDisabled(true);

I do not see this behavior.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Scott,
    A fieldset kind of thing is created extending the panel where a checkbox is placed in the legend, and on clicking the checkbox, contents inside the fieldset is disabled like this - fieldset.superclass.onDisable.call(this); of course the legend section is handled separately as the checkbox must remain enabled all the time to continue this operation

This thing works in all browser + mode except ie8+quirk mode, but it's critical to render the fieldset properly in that setting, for some reason i can not afford to change the overall structure, it will be really helpful if you can suggest me some workaround with minimal code changes

Appreciate your help

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Please provide a small test case so I am sure that we are looking at the same issue.

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi
    I am trying to setup a live test case, but i think i got the problem, the problem is not due to the onDisable call, but there's statement dom.disabled=true which creates a div with class 'ext-el-mask' that overlays on the editorgridpanel. Removing the div with Ext.select('div.ext-el-mask','rootdiv').remove() resolves the issue, but i was just wondering if there's a more elegant approach to this problem