Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    london_lawyer is on a distinguished road

Default Tree drag-and-drop & node allowDrop: Ext.tree.ViewDropZone getPosition()

Tree drag-and-drop & node allowDrop: Ext.tree.ViewDropZone getPosition()

In ExtJS 3, I was able to designate a leaf as being capable of receiving drag-and-drop appending by setting allowDrop = true.

This worked through the node's allowChildren property, which could be set independently or via allowDrop. The allowChildren property was checked in the relevant places in Ext.tree.TreeDropZone.

In ExtJS 4.1.1, I don't see a way to allow appending to leaves. Have I missed something? Apologies if I have. If not, surely the inability to effectively manipulate which nodes are leaves and which are branches is a bug, particularly when it was so easy in ExtJS 3.

I think this can be easily fixed via the following (or similar) changes to Ext.tree.ViewDropZone. I've marked changed rows with a "change" comment.

PHP Code:
    getPosition: function(enode) {
            var 
    view this.view,

record view.getRecord(node),

e.getPageY(),

append record.get('allowDrop'), // change

noBelow false,

region Ext.fly(node).getRegion(),

fragment;

// If we are dragging on top of the root node of the tree, we always want to append.

if (record.isRoot()) {
            return 
    'append';
        }

// Return 'append' if the node we are dragging on top of is not a leaf else return false.

if (this.appendOnly) {
            return 
    append 'append' false// change

}

if (!
    this.allowParentInsert) {

noBelow record.hasChildNodes() && record.isExpanded();
        }

fragment = (region.bottom region.top) / (append 2); // change

if (>= region.top && < (region.top fragment)) {
            return 
    'before';
        }
        else if (!
    noBelow && (append !== true || (>= (region.bottom fragment) && <= region.bottom))) { // change

return 'after';
        }
        else {
            return 
    'append';
        }

If record.get('allowDrop') always returns true or false, I guess you could keep the variable noAppend, set it equal to !record.get('allowDrop'), and ignore the other changes.

Right now (in ExtJS 4.1.1), noAppend is equal to record.isLeaf(). Designating a node as a leaf is, to my mind, indicating that there are no current children, not indicating that there never could be. The developer needs to be able to control separately whether there *may* be children, and the allowDrop config is the natural way to do so.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    london_lawyer is on a distinguished road

After fiddling around with an override, I realized it's not quite so simple after all. So I imagine the better way to do it is just to designate anything that *might* be a branch as not-a-leaf, with an empty array for children (if preloading the whole tree).

So ignore this, I guess! Sorry.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

You're correct, if you set a node to be a leaf it can never have children, so you're better off just having an "empty" node.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Thread Participants: 1