I'm also having huge problems with Sencha CMD. From working with other jar files in ANT, I'm used to drop them into my repository structure (under version control) and add put a classpath for them in my build.xml to load their functionality. I'm really not happy with the quite complicated way of Sencha. So of course I also installed Sencha CMD, moved the folder into my project and then tried to setup my build.xml.I want to get it running without setting a PATH and I wonder what I actually need to set!?

It fails at the point where I execute any x-command with:

Code:
parsing buildfile D:\project\build\build.xml with URI = file:/D:/project/build/build.xml
Project base dir set to: D:\project
[antlib:org.apache.tools.ant] Could not load definitions from resource org/apache/tools/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.
    [property] Loading D:\project\build\build.settings
    [property] Loading Environment env.
parsing buildfile jar:file:/D:/project/build/sencha-cmd-3.0.0/sencha.jar!/com/sencha/ant/antlib.xml with URI = jar:file:/D:/project/build/sencha-cmd-3.0.0/sencha.jar!/com/sencha/ant/antlib.xml
parsing buildfile jar:file:/D:/project/build/sencha-cmd-3.0.0/lib/ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar!/net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml with URI = jar:file:/D:/project/build/sencha-cmd-3.0.0/lib/ant-contrib-1.0b3.jar!/net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml
    [macrodef] creating macro  x-make-url-param
    [macrodef] creating macro  x-git-current-hash
    [macrodef] creating macro  x-jsduck-param
    [macrodef] creating macro  x-scp
    [macrodef] creating macro  x-shell

BUILD FAILED
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.tools.ant.PropertyHelper.setNewProperty(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
    at com.sencha.ant.InitTask$1.each(InitTask.java:38)
    at com.sencha.util.Configuration.each(Configuration.java:96)
    at com.sencha.util.Configuration.each(Configuration.java:139)
    at com.sencha.ant.InitTask.doExecute(InitTask.java:35)
    at com.sencha.ant.BaseAntTask.execute(BaseAntTask.java:22)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:142)
    at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.parseBuildFile(InternalAntRunner.java:347)
    at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(InternalAntRunner.java:633)
    at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(InternalAntRunner.java:495)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:378)
    at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.launchConfigurations.AntLaunchDelegate$1.run(AntLaunchDelegate.java:298)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)