Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for a bug in our system in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mirws is on a distinguished road

Default Could not change Panel Layout Config Type from string to Object

Could not change Panel Layout Config Type from string to Object

I tried to change Panel Layout Config Type from string to Object, then sencha architect being stop and displaying error message below
    TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'oldLayoutDefinition.onDestroy')

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Could you provide us additional steps to reproduce?

I changed the layout from string to object a few times and it did not throw the above error.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    art.dev.ext is on a distinguished road

I'm also getting this error. Two attempts, two crashes :

- I'm adding a Panel to a FormPanel, layout:'auto' is set as default.
    - Change layout string to object
    - Clic on the object assistant icon (you should have 'auto' displayed)
    - Change 'auto' to {} => CRASH

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'layoutDefinition.layoutConfigs')

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    honestbleeps has a spectacular aura about honestbleeps has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for reporting this to us -- we've actually already eliminated this problem in development because we no longer allow users to change that property to an object. It's now restricted to just the dropdown.

If you need to, you should still be able to set sub configs though, as Architect exposes those elsewhere as separate properties. The forthcoming release (2.2) has many other changes and bugfixes coming as well.

Thanks again for providing feedback along with some detail on the issue you were having, it helps us make Architect a better product for everyone to use.
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    art.dev.ext is on a distinguished road

Great news.
    Thanks for you updates.
    Doesn't it mean that this thread should be tagged as CLOSED/FIXED or something else ?
    Many thanks