Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tkannenb is on a distinguished road

Default Packaging Cordova 2.0.0 and ST2 for iOS

Packaging Cordova 2.0.0 and ST2 for iOS

I have an iOS app that I built by creating a Cordova 2.0.0 XCode project according to the instructions provided by Cordova, and then dragging my raw ST2 .js files (not the output of a build) into the Cordova project's www directory. This app uses the Cordova filesystem API, and it appears to work both in the iPad simulator and on an actual iPad.

That's all well and good, but the process I followed doesn't really seem like the "right" way to package an ST2 app. So I read Robert Dougan's post and attempted to tweak the instructions to work with Cordova 2.0.0. I did manage to get the generated Sencha app built in XCode and running in the simulator that way, but as soon as I replaced the generated code with my own, I ran into a problem. Any attempts to run sencha app build package after that produce an error message saying
    Code:
    ReferenceError: Can't find variable LocalFileSystem

Is there anything wrong with the way I originally got my app working? If so, are there any tutorials or instructions available that would show me the right way to integrate ST2 and Cordova 2.0.0?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This is because LocalFileSystem doesn't exist in Sencha Command. How are you using it?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tkannenb is on a distinguished road

I'm using the PhoneGap file system and file transfer APIs to download PDF files from a server and store them locally on the mobile device for offline use.

Vote Rating
    firekesti is on a distinguished road

I ran into the same problem, but I found this and it works like a charm. Hopefully you're not still stuck on it, but just in case (and for anyone else who finds this thread someday!)
    http://blog.danmarner.com/en/entry/i...ordova-pre-20/

Thread Participants: 2