Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    russbass48 is on a distinguished road

Default Noob video question...

Noob video question...

Hi there, loving the Sencha Animator Trial, but I just can't get my video files to play, either in my desktop browser (Chrome/Safari) or on my iPhone or Android phone. I just get a 'placeholder' image on my phones and a blank page in my desktop browser. My files are mp4's and I'm loading them into the WebM src.

If I include the controls (which I don't want) I am then able to click to play. But what I actually want is the video to auto-play without any controls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
    Russ

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Hi russbass48, and welcome to the forums.

From your description you are doing everything correctly, and MP4 videos should play regularly in your browser. Have you checked the property 'autoplay' for the video? When you select the video base state, it is located under General -> Video -> Autoplay.

If the video is still not starting with this option checked, please let us know.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Hi russbass84,

Another thing that could be causing the problem is that you are loading the video in WebM src, while MP4 should be loaded to H.264 src.

Also, when you insert a video element, it comes preconfigured with sources for both fields. Before you change it to your own video, can you verify if the sample video works when you export the project?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    xamtur is on a distinguished road

Default Same issue, video is not working on ipad or iphone

Same issue, video is not working on ipad or iphone

Hi there,
    I read all of your guides and tried with different video encoding tools but the result is always the same: no autoplay nor play on ipad and iphone. The only solution is to publish with the "Play controls" option flagged...but this is not what I want.
    A second issue is that I can see random black lines around the video on my Ipad and sometimes on Chrome (Windows version).

Here you can find a small test with a single scene project produced with your latest version of Sencha 1.3.198 that contains a single animation:

http://www.aviotraceswiss.com/apps/r...ove/index.html

Video object properties:
    .jpg format for Poster Image
    .m4v format for H.264 src
    .webm format for WebM src,
    Preload flagged
    Autoplay flagged
    Play Controls unflagged

Windows Google Chrome results: white page
    Safari iPad result: I can see only Poster Image + random unwanted black lines around the video box
    Safari iPhone result: I can see only Poster Image + random unwanted black lines around the video box

Regards,
    Max

Thread Participants: 2