Vote Rating
    omar.belkhodja is on a distinguished road

Default What is better : posting a form, or starting a create/update through the store ?

What is better : posting a form, or starting a create/update through the store ?

Hello,

I have juste started working with Ext Direct specifications. My page, has a grid + a form for the same model. After having supplied the right "api" functions for both the store + the form, to update and read from a real database, I have seen that :
    - on ther server side, posting data through a form is almost the same as creating/updating new items through the store
    - posting data through the form doesn't refresh the grid, and I have to do it manually, which is will request again fill the store with data. This might be more resource consuming than making an update through the store. But what if my grid is paged, and the added element is not apart of the current page...

Any suggestions, and explanations would help thanks !!
    You have to know before dreaming !

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It's really up to you. Personally if the data is in or is going to be in a store then I let the store do the CRUD but if it's like a login form or is not related to a store then do a form submit.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1