You found a bug! We've classified it as SDKTOOLS-202 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dmoney is on a distinguished road

Default Command not found mac OSX mountain lion

Command not found mac OSX mountain lion

I ran the mac installer for sencha cmd. but when I type sencha into a terminal window all I get is this:

-bash: sencha: command not found

The directory was created and the files exist after running the installer. What else do I have to do?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

What version of Sencha Cmd did you install? Also, did you start a new terminal instance? The PATH environment variable is updated by a shell script that should run on terminal start.
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    YomeKitsuma has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default .bash_profile

.bash_profile

On Lion 10.7.4, you have to add PATH and VAR in the .bash_profile file at the root of your user folder !

Code:
    export SENCHA_CMD_3_0_0="/Users/you/Path/To/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.XXX"
    export PATH=/Users/you/Path/To/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.188:$PATH

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

That should be done by the installer. Maybe not to that exact shell script, I'll have to check, but you should not need to add anything manually.
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Don,

With the new Cmd v3 (since 144), i've to manually insert the VAR and PATH into my .bash_profile file.

The VAR and PATH are well added to the .profile file, but the "sencha" command in Terminal gives nothing. This works after having added to the .bash_profile...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Dmoney is on a distinguished road

Thanks @YomeKitsuma that fixed it !!

Vote Rating

I have opened a bug in our bug tracker so we can look at this. Thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney View Post
    Thanks @YomeKitsuma that fixed it !!
    Your welcome

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by markevans View Post
    Having the same problem ("-bash: compass: command not found") , but I don't see the file indicated in my user root folder. Do I need to create it? I'm on 10.7.5. Thanks for any help.
    I believe that is a different issue. The OP is about "sencha" being the not found command. In this case, it looks like you just need to install compass: "gem install compass". And probably restart the terminal to get compass in your PATH.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    markevans is on a distinguished road

Thanks, yeah - tried to delete in time once I realized mine was different. I've resolve my issue. Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it.