Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    subimage is on a distinguished road

Default How do I build a Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1 app?

How do I build a Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1 app?

I've never done a build before, and I've downloaded the latest Sencha Cmd beta in hopes that I can package this for production.

However, when I try to build I'm getting errors that don't happen with a newly generated 2.1.0rc1 app.

Code:
    seth@havoc [~/Work/cb_mobile/app/trunk]
    $ sencha app build testing
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.190
    [ERROR]         The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/seth/Work/cb_mobile/app/trunk/.sencha/workspace/plugin.xml:2: Cannot find /Users/seth/Work/cb_mobile/app/trunk/.sencha/workspace/${framework.config.dir}/plugin.xml imported from /Users/seth/Work/cb_mobile/app/trunk/.sencha/workspace/plugin.xml
    I'm guessing this is because the older SDK doesn't have the proper config variables set. Can someone walk me through a build process please?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Please see the following:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?245211

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

So I can't build unless I upgrade to a beta version of the framework that breaks my app? Rad.

Can anyone help out with this problem then?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-after-upgrade

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You can build using the SDK for ST2.0

Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin View Post
    You can build using the SDK for ST2.0

Scott.
    Hi Scott,

This seems impossible as well. I downloaded the SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3-osx.app and installed it. I then followed the instructions on building from my copy of the docs (/sencha-touch-2.0.1.1/docs/index.html#!/guide/building), and was able to produce a build, although one that doesn't work!

I use the microloader.js normally in development, which loads CSS files and everything else. When I follow the guide, it tells me to replace my script tags with the following:

Code:
      <script type="text/javascript" src="touch/sencha-touch.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="all-classes.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="app.js"></script>
    However, when I do that my app totally breaks. No style information, missing JS causing errors, etc. Is there an updated guide for building with SDK beta 3? The guide I'm looking at references "beta 1" and "beta 2", so perhaps something changed between b2-3?

Additionally, I include many JS files from a /lib directory that get pulled in with the microloader from config app.json which don't seem to be included in all-classes.js either.

This is becoming a huge pain. Any clear direction that's not a one-liner, or reference to some other vague post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Participants: 1