Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ekf is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: TitleBar text truncation is not updated when the toolbar is hidden

Unanswered: TitleBar text truncation is not updated when the toolbar is hidden

I have a TitleBar with several buttons. If the screen is not wide enough to fit the title and the buttons, it will rightly truncate the title, e.g. if the title is "My Long Title":

[BUTTON] My Lon... [BUTTON]

However, let's say the screen is in landscape mode and it can fit the whole title. Then, I hide the toolbar, rotate the device, and show the toolbar. Now it can't fit the whole title, but it is not updated so the title overlaps one of the buttons.

Is this a bug? Or if it's by design, then how I can I override the behavior so that it will update the toolbar when I show it?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The TitleBar has to calculate the width of the text but when it's hidden it doesn't really have a width.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ekf is on a distinguished road

So how do I get it to recalculate the text width after I show it?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    SebasSP is on a distinguished road

I believe the private method refreshTitlePosition() does what you want. In my case i had to call it with a small delay after showing the titlebar. Please mind that the use of private methods of ST is discouraged.
    http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/api/Ext.TitleBar-method-refreshTitlePosition

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    olegtaranenko is on a distinguished road

Do update to ST 2.1

Cheers, Oleg