Vote Rating
    rabelanger is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Best approach for image load event in XTemplate

Unanswered: Best approach for image load event in XTemplate

Hi,

With the release of 2.1 and the new list, items height can either be variable of fix, which is greatly appreciated in terms of performance. The only problem I have is that in my xtemplate, I have images that may vary in height, which would require a refresh on the list in order to resize the item's height properly.

What is the best approach to listen to load event of images? I don't want to iterate through the dom on the store load callback and add events on each item. I tried delegating to the the img tag and listen to load events, but its not working. Im guessing because their dom events and not fired by the component itself.

Any help/indications would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    rafael
    rafael

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I believe there is a bug when rendering the rows with variable heights. By default the variableHeights config is set to true.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    rabelanger is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if its a bug. I have images with variable heights. Using the src.sencha service, my images width are determined by the size of my screen, but the height may vary depending on the image.

Not sure how the variableHeight is implemented, but will the list be refreshed to recalculate the items height when the images are loaded or will I have to refresh the list myself? I'm guessing the second one.

If I were to have to listen to the load event of my images in the template in order to refresh the list manually, how can I use event delegation for the load event of the images. Doing the example below in my list won't work..

Code:
     listeners : {
        load: {
            fn:'somefunction',
            delegate:'img'
        }
    }
    rafael

Thread Participants: 1