Answers
    sarsipius is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Avoiding LiveGridView crashes browser when resized

Answered: Avoiding LiveGridView crashes browser when resized

Hi,

My apps mainly display grids using live view with force fit option

When I resize the browser, I have this kind of bug

Do you know how I can avoid it?

Is it possible to intercept the grid resizing event and skip it in order to keep the default grid size and display scrollbar?

Thanks

2. Thanks - there is indeed a bug in the LiveGridView that prevents forceFit, autoFill, and resize from working correctly on it. For now, my suggestion is to properly set the column widths to begin with, and to set a fixed size on the grid instead of letting it resize with the rest of the page. If you do need to resize the page, consider rebuilding the grid to ensure that this issue does not occur.

This has been fixed in GXT 3, and any new project should be started with GXT 3 to get bug fixes as fast as possible. We are working on backporting this fix to GXT 2, but do not yet have a release with it.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks - there is indeed a bug in the LiveGridView that prevents forceFit, autoFill, and resize from working correctly on it. For now, my suggestion is to properly set the column widths to begin with, and to set a fixed size on the grid instead of letting it resize with the rest of the page. If you do need to resize the page, consider rebuilding the grid to ensure that this issue does not occur.

This has been fixed in GXT 3, and any new project should be started with GXT 3 to get bug fixes as fast as possible. We are working on backporting this fix to GXT 2, but do not yet have a release with it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    sarsipius is on a distinguished road

thank you for the answer

we don't plan to switch to GXT 3 until second quarter of next year
    we wait the bugfix anxiously

Thread Participants: 1