Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Fonx is on a distinguished road

Default Incompatibilty Sencha 2.1 - Cordova 2

Incompatibilty Sencha 2.1 - Cordova 2

I have found that the new Sencha 2.1 update is incompatible with Cordova 2.0. Can't give much more info: The same app with Sencha 2.0 works with the Cordova library while, if update to 2.1, it stops working (white screen after launch image). So the situation is the following:

Sencha 2.0 + Cordova 2.0 works but ios6 bug
    Sencha 2.1 + Cordova 2.0 ios6 bug fixed but doesn't work

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Did you use a remote debugger to see if there are any errors being thrown?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi again mitchellsimoens, not quite sure what remote debugger can I use (any suggestion will be much appreciated). What I have discovered by running the app in the safari browser is this message:

Code:
    [WARN][Ext.data.reader.Reader#process]
    sencha-touch-all-debug-2.1.js:102614[WARN][Ext.data.reader.Reader#process] Unable to parse the JSON returned by the server: 
     SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '/'

And the las portion of code I think it is executing is:
    Code:
     Ext.getStore('gameDataSt').load({     
           callback: cargaBasesDeDatos,  
             scope: this
        });
    Indeed it is something relate to the store loading. If I change the path to the store and I set an erroneous one, I get the the program to continue its executing, what has change in relation to sencha 2.0 ?

My store definition is:

Code:
    Ext.define('LG_Menu.store.gameDataSt', {
        extend  : 'Ext.data.Store',

config:{ 
                                   model: 'LG_Menu.model.gameDataMdl',
                                   autoLoad: true,  
                    proxy: {
                       type: 'ajax',
                       url : './data/gameData.json',
                       reader: {
                         type: 'json',
                         rootProperty: 'gameDBData'
                       }
                  }
               }
    });
    Last edited by Fonx; 12 Oct 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: add more info

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

So that would tell me the JSON being returned is not proper JSON and isn't able to be decoded
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The error related to the .json was because there was a //comment in the file ¿¿¿¿ is this normal ???? It does work with previous versions.

Anyway, it is still not working (white screen) . Following tricks from the forum users I have come to find that it doesn't find the Dom.js file. ??? Any help ?

Thanks

So, the situation is the following.

Cordova 2.0 - Sencha 2.0 Works !!
    Cordova 2.0 - Sencha 2.1 (rc1 and rc2) Doesn't works

OS X 10.8.2
    XCode 4.5.1
    App works in web browser

Errors:
    White screen after the launch images.
    - Doesn't find the /Dom.js file.

Please note that this didn't fix the problem:

Code:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({
    enabled: true,
    disableCaching: false
    });
    Last edited by Fonx; 15 Oct 2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add more info

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jweber will become famous soon enough

For what it's worth, I've managed to get ST2.1rc2 to run under PhoneGap/Cordova 2.1, without any problems related to the combination of the two.

(There were plenty of problems with both upgrades individually. I'd recommend starting from the template app that each platform generates, and seeing where your app differs. Also make sure you test the Sencha app using its "production" build.)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    erchan_2000 is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to get ST2.1rc2 to work with Cordova 2.1 in IOS5/6.

My app does not startup. Keeps complaining about Ext.event.publisher.Dom class missing eventhough I have sencha-touch-all.js loaded. What's your index.html look like?

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jweber View Post
    For what it's worth, I've managed to get ST2.1rc2 to run under PhoneGap/Cordova 2.1, without any problems related to the combination of the two.

(There were plenty of problems with both upgrades individually. I'd recommend starting from the template app that each platform generates, and seeing where your app differs. Also make sure you test the Sencha app using its "production" build.)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have found this comment around the web, could it help?

Is Sencha Touch 2.1 b3 compatible with Cordova 1.9 or 2.1? When I tried the combination, it has a problem loading the view even. If I use a ST 2.0.1 project in Cordova 1.9 or 2.1, it seems ok. If I run the ST 2.1 project in a web browser, it seems ok also. However, the combination has some weird problems. I have to include in the Ext.loader a path for Ext that points to touch/src (the SDK sources) even though the sencha-touch-all.js is included in the index.html.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    FrankK is on a distinguished road

This is still an issue with the latest version of ST 2.1 and Cordova 2.1. I can get my application to run in the IOS simulator without any errors, but it only shows a white screen. I can add alerts around where I add a view to the viewport. All of the alerts appear, however, the view I added to the viewport never appears. When running this same exact application in a browser on Google Chrome, everything appears correctly.

One thing I did try was running the Getting Started example in Cordova 2.1. The bottom navigation bar does appear, but it appears down the left side of the screen and the main content never appears. (Screenshot attached) I don't have a main nav on the first screen of my app so I'm not sure if the main nav would be appearing for my app or not.

Are there any examples that have been tested with ST2.1 and Cordova 2.1+? I have no problem modifying my app to function a different way if I had a good example to work from.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bcichowlas is on a distinguished road

Default I am trying to understand the implications

I am trying to understand the implications

I'm trying to make a Sencha app for a client that will run with IOS and Android as well as the desktop using Sencha Architect with Touch 2.1. I can make something that will run on the desktop, on Android and even in the IOS simulator, but can't get it to run on an IOS device. (It says that it can't be loaded.)

Trying to work around the issue, I went to Phonegap, then to Adobe Phonegap Build and then to Cordova (after I learned it was the current Phonegap). In fact, Adobe Phonegap Build was what allowed me to make a successful Android device build, but when IOS is the target I get a white screen. Looking at the log, it seems that it may be having memory issues, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Bottom line: Can one use Architect/Touch 2.1 to make apps that run on an IOS device? Could I see an example that I could build and run myself?

Thanks.