Hybrid View

You found a bug! We've classified it as SDKTOOLS-213 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    thorben is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Cmd should support sandboxed packages

Sencha Cmd should support sandboxed packages

Is it possible to use Sencha Cmd with a sandboxed build of Ext JS (e.g. ext-all-sandbox-dev.js)? I'm using Sencha Cmd 3.0.0.190.

I think a config option like jsduck's
    Code:
    --ext-namespaces=Ext,Ext4
    would help us here. I'm mainly interested in a build of our custom classes, so it would be ok to have ext-all-sandbox.js included.

Is something like this going to be implemented or will I need to migrate my app to Ext JS 4 before using Cmd?
    Thorben
    -----------------------------
    thorben.ziemek.de/blog/
    Refined Labs is hiring Ext JS devs and Zend Framework developers. Full-time positions in Munich: http://www.refinedlabs.com/jobs

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

We have discussed sandbox mode and there are a couple or so directions it could go.

I am curious to know more specifically what you are wanting to achieve. I assume you have a mixture of v3 and v4 classes? Are you wanting to produce a subset of the frameworks? And wrap the v4 subset in a sandbox...
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    thorben is on a distinguished road

Yes, we've got a mixture of Ext 3 and Ext 4 classes. We are continually migrating to Ext 4, so the number of Ext 3 classes will eventually approach 0 .

What we want to achieve is a custom build of only the Ext 4 part of the app. In the final build, there will be 3 or 4 JS files
    • Ext JS 3 Framework (ext-all.js)
    • All our custom Ext JS 3 classes (this is generated using the current build process)
    • Ext JS 4 Framework + Ext JS 4 custom classes (this should be the output of Sencha Cmd)
    So Cmd wouldn't need to care about the Ext JS 3 classes and their proper inclusion, but only accept "Ext4" as the Ext JS 4 namespace.

I imagine this might just be a minor tweak to the tool, but maybe sandboxing is more complicated internally?
    Thorben
    thorben.ziemek.de/blog/
    Refined Labs is hiring Ext JS devs and Zend Framework developers. Full-time positions in Munich: http://www.refinedlabs.com/jobs

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by thorben View Post
    Cmd wouldn't need to care about the Ext JS 3 classes and their proper inclusion, but only accept "Ext4" as the Ext JS 4 namespace.

I imagine this might just be a minor tweak to the tool, but maybe sandboxing is more complicated internally?
    Yeah that is the harder part - partitioning code that says one thing ("Ext") but needs to be understood as another ("Ext4") so that references from other code using the other name ("Ext4") link up properly. Then we need to wrap the sandbox around the Ext 4 code during the build.

It is all doable, but won't make in this release (3.0.0). Knowing that there are folks using/needing this support is really helpful though to decide when to pull the trigger on it.

I'm going to open this as a ticket so we can both track it.

Thanks for taking the time to explain what you were needing.
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

I have opened a ticket in our bug tracker.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    superstructor will become famous soon enough

Any update on this issue ? Is it possible with the latest Sencha Cmd 3.1.2.342 release ? This is vital functionality for being able to port a legacy ExtJS 3.x application to ExtJS 4.x and a Sencha Cmd based build.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    medifirst is on a distinguished road

Same problem : any update??

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Nick A. is on a distinguished road

To get around this I ended up taking the sliced images from a non-sandboxed version of our theme that I generate and incorporate those images as the images for the sandboxed theme. When generating the theme with the sandbox I just use
    Code:
    sencha package build
    from within the theme package and use the built <theme-name>-all.css.

The main downfall of this is that we can't take advantage of minimizing the js or css sent to the page as we use ext-all-sandbox.js and <theme-name>-all.css.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    adrianmirjan is on a distinguished road

There are still issues with sandboxed mode in Sencha Cmd v4.0.1.45.
    On sencha app refresh bootstrap.js still contains references to
    Code:
    Ext.Loader.addClassPathMappings
    Ext.ClassManager.addNameAlternateMappings
    Ext.ClassManager.addNameAliasMappings
    Ext.setVersion
    Loading the app gives the error
    Code:
    ReferenceError: Ext is not defined
    Ext.Loader.addClassPathMappings({ bootstrap.js (line 7)
    I'll try to mess around with refresh-impl.xml to fix it.
    But I'd like this to be fixed properly.