Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2547 in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    j.ashton is on a distinguished road

Default IE combobox / datefield width error (width: -25px invalid)

IE combobox / datefield width error (width: -25px invalid)

I have a framed panel which on loading has expanded="false". Within this panel I have simpleCombo and Datefield widgets within Vertical / Horizontal Layout Containers. The icon attached to these widgets (the dropdown for combo and datepicker for datefield) are the icons that are 25px and seem to have an issue when the panel is not expanded on load. The output error in the console is below. Please ask if there is any further info you need from me - note this error occurs in I.E. only. Thanks.

SEVERE: Uncaught Exception
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error) @com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style:etPropertyImpl(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String([string: 'width', string: '-25.0px']): Invalid argument.
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:249)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:570)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:298)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style$.setPropertyImpl$(Style.java)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style$.setProperty$(Style.java:2030)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style$.setPropertyPx$(Style.java:2039)
    at com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.field.TriggerFieldDefaultAppearance.onResize(TriggerFieldDefaultAppearance.java:215)
    at com.sencha.gxt.cell.core.client.form.TriggerFieldCell.setSize(TriggerFieldCell.java:304)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.cell.CellComponent.onResize(CellComponent.java:368)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.Component.setPixelSize(Component.java:845)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.container.ResizeContainer.applyLayout(ResizeContainer.java:97)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.container.VerticalLayoutContainer.doLayout(VerticalLayoutContainer.java:292)
    at com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.container.ResizeContainer$2.execute(ResizeContainer.java:41)

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Some kind of response would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

This issue has been fixed in SVN and will be available in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    oliver.misch is on a distinguished road

Hello,

we also encountered this issue, and would need a fix for it soon. Can you already say how long it will roughly take for the fix to be released, and can you recommend a workaround until the fix will be available?

Best regards,
    Oliver

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I seem to think the fix is in the GXT3.0.3 build. If you are paying for support you should be able to get this as a nightly build from the support dashboard.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thank you for the quick response. On the download page, it is mentioned that 3.0.1 is available for download and 3.0.2 available for subscribers. Is it correct that 3.0.3 is also available for subscribers?

We would prefer a stable build though, and would like to know when to expect 3.0.3 to be officially released.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I asked Sencha the question and are asking and the person helping me passed the question on to there technical people and then received back:

'So, his bug might actually have been fixed in 3.0.3. If he logs into the portal he can verify it in the GXT nightly build for 3.0.3. We also have a nightly build for 3.1.0 branch, I doubt his fix would have been merged into that branch so he can probably ignore that build for now.'

I then asked:

'Does ‘logs in to portal’ mean the Support log in - https://support.sencha.com/index.php?'

and received back:

'Yes, the Support gives you access to open tickets, nightly builds, bug fixes, and Premium Forums.'

I hope that helps. As for when they plan to release GXT3.0.3 I have no idea.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Edit to previous post:
    I asked Sencha the question and are asking

should be:

I asked Sencha the question YOU are asking

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

To further clarify, the 3.1 branch in SVN is merged with changes to 3.0 as soon as an initial build passes (as distinct from the nightly builds, which are more rigorous). That said, the 3.1 'nightly' build is only running once a week at the moment - enough to ensure we are up to date, but not to inundate our build machines. At this point, the fix is in both 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT and 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

3.1 is where we will put fixes that require breaking API details. 3.0.3 is much closer to release than 3.1 is, so we are testing it more heavily. They are both nightly builds at this point, so not considered to be 'stable', nor 'supported' - we welcome bug reports on these releases, but can't make any guarantees about regressions.

The fix made especially for this issue (there may have been earlier fixes for other issues that contributed to this test case working in 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT) was to modify onCollapse and onExpand to confirm that the widget is attached. There is no simple workaround that will achieve the same behavior - but you can get very close by disabling animating the expand/collapse of the contentpanel using setAnimCollapse(false).

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi all,

we now downloaded 3.0.3 and checket it. This problem seems not to be fixed. We get the same errors in IE than before. Can you please provide an update of this issue.

This is a production problem for us.

Best regards,
    Oliver