Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    huberte will become famous soon enough

Default Debug an app with weinre

Debug an app with weinre

Finally,

it's almost there !

I used weinre to debug my app on my android phone : no pb with the web app

But if I packqge build with sencha cmd, app is not launching, weinre is not seeing the target.

I see that the script src with the weinre is still there in my apk, in index.html !
    (Uh ? why is there an index.html in my apk, with development.js in it ? It should be production.js or something like that, right ?)

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using an IP to the weinre server and the server is listening on that IP?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yep ! It works with the app on localhost running on the emulator

I see the weinre client on my weinre server

It's not working with the app builded

EDIt; I'll be more specific, same happends with emulator or my smartphone : I can see my app when launching chrome on android : I can see the client connected on weinre. I can't see my app when launched as an apk : just the 3 dots blinking ; I can't see it in weinre.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sorry to ask again, but did someone succeed in debugging an apk (packed with sencha CMD) with weinre ?

I switch back to the test app "Welcome to sencha touch 2", even with this code, I see my client when launching the app via emulator's browser, not when launching the app in apk (which is hanging on the white dots)

Here the only thing I add to the code in index.html : the line 52 (and again, why is there development.js in my apk ? why is is not production.js ? or something else ?)

Code:
            @-webkit-keyframes appLoadingIndicator{            0% {
                    opacity: 0.8
                }
                50% {
                    opacity: 0
                }
                100% {
                    opacity: 0.8
                }
            }
        </style>
        <script src="http://192.168.0.10:8080/target/target-script-min.js#anonymous"></script>
        <!-- The line below must be kept intact for Sencha Command to build your application -->
        <script id="microloader" type="text/javascript" src="touch/microloader/development.js"></script>
    </head>
    EDIT :

The only thing shown in the console when using chrome on my smartphone is this :

Code:
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.component' of: 'Ext.dataview.DataView' with: 'Ext.Component'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.mask' of: 'Ext.LoadMask' with: 'Ext.Mask'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.container' of: 'Ext.dataview.DataView' with: 'Ext.Container'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.viewport' of: 'Ext.viewport.Android' with: 'Ext.viewport.Default'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.component' of: 'Ext.dataview.DataView' with: 'Ext.Component'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.mask' of: 'Ext.LoadMask' with: 'Ext.Mask'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.container' of: 'Ext.dataview.DataView' with: 'Ext.Container'. Be sure it's intentional.
    [INFO] [Ext.ClassManager] Overriding existing alias: 'widget.viewport' of: 'Ext.viewport.Android' with: 'Ext.viewport.Default'. Be sure it's intentional.
    When packed, the app wont launch, weinre shows nothing

Vote Rating
    debianw is on a distinguished road

Try to add the script inside the app.json.

What I've been doing inside my app is adding a way to turn on/off the remote debugging. Example I have a togglefield in my configuration screen and I am listening the dragend event of that field and in my controller I load the script at runtime.

Code:
    var bodyEl          = document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0],
          scriptDebugJS;

// create script element
    scriptDebugJS         = document.createElement('script');
    scriptDebugJS.type = "text/javascript";
    scriptDebugJS.src   = "http://ip_address_of_server:3000/target/target-script-min.js#anonymous";
    scriptDebugJS.id     = "scriptDebugJS";

bodyEl.appendChild(scriptDebugJS);
    I don't have any problem with that for now.

I'm still looking a way to turn off the debugger. Removing the script at runtime does not stop the connection to the weinre server.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Could you tell me how do I add an easy line for weinre in app.json please ?