Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for a bug in our system in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

Can we get some feedback from the sencha team on what they plan to do about this?

It's not tough to replicate, just load up a 2.1.1 app in ios6 on a retina display iPad, and use the thing for a few minutes.

Seems incredibly frustrating to just have it labeled INFOREQ and cast to one side because it's not an issue that can be easily reduced to a simple test case.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    william.cheung is on a distinguished road

It's quite easy to reproduce the problem once you observe how people tap on a button in a touch device. (I had a hard time understanding this problem since I tap without skidding on the touch surface most of the time so I rarely see this happening.) To reproduce the problem, all you need to do is to perform a "skid tap", i.e., tap on a button and skid a bit on the screen. On a retina display, due to the small size of the pixel, it's quite easy to skid a tap while tapping on the screen. This is also the reason why setting a throttle on the touch gesture help a lot. The unfortunate part about this work around is that it has cause those slide to action gesture like swiping, pinching, scrolling, etc. not looking smooth with "skipping frames".

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dgreen82 is on a distinguished road

Default fixedbutton

fixedbutton

I ran into a similar problem in an app. . .where if you tapped a button and didn't release on the same pixel, the tap event wasn't fired. After some research I found a kind soul that had a solution.

https://github.com/roycyang/sencha-touch-extensions

After adding the FixedButton.js to my project and changing the xtype on the button from button to fixedbutton, of course using the Ext.require{My.app.FixedButton}, the tap event was resolved. The only 'issue' after that was on the kindle there was a hidden slide bar on the left hand side and if I was dramatic in my button taping/sliding the side bar would show. That was not enough to stop my own tap event from happening.

Good Luck.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yes, I knew about that extension but this should be a baseline feature of Sencha Touch as "Touch" means "touch" support.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Scorpie is on a distinguished road

+1 for a fix for this.
    I`m from Holland!

Vote Rating
    EPV will become famous soon enough

I think I read somewhere that touch 2.2 has a better button implementation.

/ E

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lesch is on a distinguished road

Default +1 on a fix of this

+1 on a fix of this

I just want to enforce the urgency of a fix of this. In our project this has almost killed the HTML5 approach. Dev defended Sencha, but it definitely has to be fixed soon (for 2.0 also!).

I also could identify, by observation of other users, that the problem is with skidding. Many, if not most, of the users do this.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

It would be really nice if someone from sencha could acknowledge this issue and indicate where it fits on the road map.

I know I for one am not a premium support member, but the reason why I'm not is because sencha don't demonstrate they have the capacity to properly communicate on these issues. The kind of thing that would make me subscribe to support would be someone posting a message like, "yes, this is an issue we accept with the new ipads. It will be fixed in nightly builds by at the latest this date, and in general release at this other date".

Otherwise I feel like subscribing would be sending money into a void.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

This is being addressed in 2.2 by having a moveDistance configuration in the Tap recognizer. The current RC has this set to a value of 4 pixels which seems to be a bit too sensitive so we will set the default a bit higher. You can always set this to your own preference.

Note that the Drag recognizer has a minDistance configuration as well which determines how far you need to travel before the touch even becomes a drag.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

This is awesome! I'll try this out.