Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    akopov is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Architect crashes when project is reopened (corrupted project source?)

Sencha Architect crashes when project is reopened (corrupted project source?)

Sencha Architect won't open the project I have successfully working on yesterday. Until I closed SA everything was fine - no errors neither in SA nor in deployed JS generated. Then when I reopened the project next day, SA started to crash with an "unknown error":

crashing_on_load.png

Removing Sencha folder under my AppData\Local and reinstallation of SA don't help. Other projects (including earlier versions of that one) open fine. New projects can be also created and saved, only happens with particular project.

I'd say project source is corrupted (also I see no obvious errors in its JSONs myself), but no project files have been modified outside of SA, the development has been done entirely in SA. If they were corrupted, that was probably done by SA itself.

OS version: Windows 7 64bit
    Sencha Architect version: 2.1.0.000640.

The problematic project archive is attached. 2012-10-16.xda (the problem is the same for the archive and for the imported project).

Thanks in advance and please feel free to ask for details if needed.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Noticed a couple of irregularities in project files, e.g. xds profject file and Application and Explorer metadata files were listing 'Folder' model which was actually renamed to TreeNode (for some reason renaming has been reflected while code worked fine in browser before I closed SA).

Editing that out didn't have any effect though.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough

I've reproduced the crash on Win7. Looking into it
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Found the problem!

One of my stores I have converted from XML store into JSON store was still had {"type": "xmlstore"} in its metadata file while other properties were changed to JSON store one. So store type and properties didn't tally and project was crashing when opened.

There were other issues I've found with renamed entities, but only that one was fatal.

It looks like a HUGE problem to me Edits seem to be fine while the project is in memory and your application works properly, then you save the project and not all the edits you've done are actually stored.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Having "exportPath" property set to the path that doesn't exist seems also to crash SA on load.

Makes sharing projects between different developers a bit tricky, still is a minor issue comparing to that renaming one.

Another use case which I faced last week after renaming a function, think it's relevant - function's old and new body were both appearing with old body actually preferred during deployment.

Renaming issue.png

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sorry for spamming, but I have just open manually fixed project, saved it and closed.

It won't open again this time, perhaps again self-inflicted damages, this is ridiculous

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough Phil.Strong is a jewel in the rough

Ok I've isolated it. The issue is very strange and is related to

MyViewport -> MyContainer -> ExplorerTreePanel
    it has rootVisible set to false and is attached to a store in the project that doesn't load any data.

Why is it doing this ....? No idea as of yet.

The fix
    open /metadata/MyViewport in your fav text editor
    search for "itemId": "ExplorerTreePanel"
    find "rootVisible": false just below it and remove it.

It might be that when you full vet your TreeNodesStore to have a data endpoint that this will no longer occur and you can again set rootVisible false

Hope this helps.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply

I'm only starting with the product so my code is probably not following best practices. Empty store is there to access it later in runtime and populate it dynamically. It'd be better probably to create the store dynamically as well for that purpose, but that's easier for me at the moment.

I still consider that a bug because I believe it shouldn't be possible to make fatal changes to the project using the system itself and even not writing any code.

Also while looking through project source JSONs I discovered many other cases when renamed / transformed entities retained part of their properties from the previous version and part from the proper one (some of them I have posted above).

Sorry for my tone in the messages above, but that looked extremely strange to me. Is there an explanation by any chance or that is a system issue?

Thanks again for your help.

Vote Rating

Oh no it's most certainly a bug. A Windows only bug that exists in QtWebKit which afaik we aren't patching anymore. We're moving to another platform as soon as it's feasible (it's under way now).
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks again for your help, and sorry for some ranting above, I was just extremely frustrated. Now when I know what to look for when I happens again it doesn't look that critical.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar