Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jasonehle is on a distinguished road

Default Not ready for team collaboration?

Not ready for team collaboration?

Is there a way to provide "user settings" outside of the XDS?

Our team is evaluating using Sencha for our platform going forward, and we work accross a variety of configurations.

Currently it appears that when a dev updates the XDS from source control, we must everytime go in and alter the exportpath. This is a pain.

You should be able to provide a pointer in the XDS project file to a local config that overrides the settings in the XDS. The local config wouldn't get checked in and thus overwritten by the last guy who changed the path and committed to source control.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious... hope so... please let me know how we're supposed to use this in a team environment. I've read the "Collaboration" information that I could find, but it doesn't mention anything at this level.

Other than that - Architect2 is an incredible piece of software. I hope it will work out for us. I can see myself spending many years in this IDE

Regards,
    Jason

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

User settings are written to a file called .architect (and typically excluded from source control).

The export path is currently a project level setting. We can look into migrating it to a user level setting and/or allow the user level setting to override it.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jasonehle is on a distinguished road

Default the .architect file

the .architect file

We can coordinate the paths on our end for now at least where the OSs are the same. Its a few seconds every time after updating - not super critical - but it would be great to consider it for the .architect file. Thank you for the quick reply