Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

Yea, this really sucks. Messed up all my lists, scrolling wont turn off on any of them. Turn scrolling off on the parent container and on the list. nothing works!

So what I'm gathering here is these new "and improved" lists will no longer fill the height of it's parent container if layout=full? I have dozens of widgets. Each widget is a container with a list in it and a toolbar up top. These widgets "used" to expand to the height of the data in the list but no longer. All of my widgets are collapsed down to 0px.

Others are converting lists to dataviews to get around this "feature" but all I see is a lot of styling work to get a data view to look like a list.

Again, this sucks. Please tell me there's a simple workaround to achieve what was working just fine in all previous versions of the framework.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Stx.Greg is on a distinguished road

This config option will disable scrolling in a List control:
    scrollable: { disabled: true }

Have you tried adding 'flex: 1' to your list config? If I add it to a list in a vbox container, it will fill the container.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonMerlin View Post
    Yea, this really sucks. Messed up all my lists, scrolling wont turn off on any of them. Turn scrolling off on the parent container and on the list. nothing works!

So what I'm gathering here is these new "and improved" lists will no longer fill the height of it's parent container if layout=full? I have dozens of widgets. Each widget is a container with a list in it and a toolbar up top. These widgets "used" to expand to the height of the data in the list but no longer. All of my widgets are collapsed down to 0px.

Others are converting lists to dataviews to get around this "feature" but all I see is a lot of styling work to get a data view to look like a list.

Again, this sucks. Please tell me there's a simple workaround to achieve what was working just fine in all previous versions of the framework.

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Greg but neither of those settings fixes the problem. used vbox, disable scrolling and flex. still sits at 0px. The only way to duct-tape this problem is to manually set the lists height but I need the height to be variable based on the content in it (w/no scrolling!). I know I can calculate height based on # line item height * records but damn... more to slow things down.

If i convert to a data view, my data shows but w.out any list formatting which means i have to recreate everything from list taps to dividers to rounded corners.

I'm having a hard time believing Sencha refactored the list view w/out providing an easy upgrade path for their customers who don't need infinite scroll but DO need the look and feel of a list component.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bobspryn is on a distinguished road

Agreed. Used this in a bunch of places and now completely broken.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bobspryn is on a distinguished road

Ok. This is killing me. What is the official solution for this sort of thing. Note that I want the whole page to scroll (quite common behavior in mobile apps), not just the list. I can't hard code the list height (I should have demonstrated that they were variable height items.)

what.png
    Last edited by bobspryn; 17 Nov 2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: More information.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Stx.Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bobspryn View Post
    What is the official solution for this sort of thing. Note that I want the whole page to scroll (quite common behavior in mobile apps), not just the list. I can't hard code the list height (I should have demonstrated that they were variable height items.)
    Bob, it sounds like no action is going to be taken on this and it is up to us to work around it.

As I posted before, you can make the list unscrollable with
    Code:
    scrollable: { disabled: true }
    In my case, I have extended the list and overrode the refresh method to dynamically set the list's height. My list items are all fixed height (for now), so it is not that hard, but doing it with dynamic row heights may be a challenge.