Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ssweriduk is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Significant Performance issue with setActiveItem and DataView

Unanswered: Significant Performance issue with setActiveItem and DataView

I have a DataView with a bunch of fieldsets. Inside these fieldsets are just a text field, and a toggle switch. I am able to create the DataView just fine with no performance issues, however, when I try to set it as the active item in a card panel, I get significant performance issues. I have checked out my JavaScript profiler, which has told me that 42.18% of my total program processes is eaten up by this call. I have traced this back to Ext.util.SizeMonitor#refreshPosition which gets called 174 times, in my case, resulting in around 35.25%.
    Has anybody had any experience with this issue at all? This is my first time making a dataview with useComponents = true; Here is my problem code below...

PHP Code:
    var formPanel Ext.ComponentQuery.query('panel#formViewer')[0];
    var 
    formDataView Ext.create('app.view.FormDataView');
    formPanel.setActiveItem(formDataView); 

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a lot of browser layout reflows. The size monitor should refresh a couple times but when it detects the dataview's element has been resized and will then refresh.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ssweriduk is on a distinguished road

That makes sense. Do you think it has everything to do with the fact that I am using components here? I guess I am unsure why this is happening. I get what is happening, just don't know how to get around th issue.