Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    John Carter is on a distinguished road

Some Progress.

When I generate an app with Architect, it creates app.js at the top level of the project as you noted above. If I create an empty app with Architect (drag nothing to the canvas) and subsequently run sencha generate app then the generate command runs to completion without errors. After the sencha generate command I have an app.js file at the top level and another one in the app/ subdirectory. How do I get both Architect and sencha cmd to use the same file?

When I generate an app with Architect and add anything to the canvas (so I can see something when previewing it), the sencha generate command errors out as detailed in my previous posts.

So the issue appears to be related to the two copies of app.js, one created and maintained by Architect, and another created by sencha generate app.

You noted something related to this in one of your posts, but since the error I see happens on the initial run of sencha generate, I do not have the option of editing the config file in the .sencha directory because that directory does not exist prior to running sencha generate app.

All I am trying to do is to set up a work flow where I generate and maintain an app with Architect and use sencha cmd to create a production build when needed.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Yeah I haven't seen this. You're making some sense. What framework version are you using and what version of Cmd?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I am running on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04)
    Architect: 2.1.0 Build 678
    Cmd: v3.0.0.250
    ExtJs: 4.1.1a commercial

Here are the steps I followed - it is very repeatable:
    1. Create new project in Architect
    2. Edit the Library Base Path to point to the copy of ext-4.1.1a on my server
    3. Drag Panel to canvas
    4. Save and preview the app
    5. Close Architect
    6. cd to location of extJs-4.1.1a
    7. Execute: sencha generate app Test09 /var/www/Test09/
    8. Receive errors from sencha cmd shown below
    Code:

[INF] Processing class inheritance graph[INF] Processing instantiation refereces to classes and aliases[WRN] [ [1000] : Yui Compressor Warning <> Trailing comma is not legal in an ECMA-262 object initializer => ] ] :: ( /var/www/Test09/ext/src/ux/grid/filter/DateFilter.js => 133 : 25 )[INF] Processing source dependencies[ERR] Failed to find file for Test09.view.Viewport required by /var/www/Test09/app/app.js[ERR] BUILD FAILED

Note that cmd is using app/app.js which is not the app.js that was created by Architect, but was generated by cmd during this process.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Tried to cut and paste code block into post #13 and it did not work. Please see code block in post #8 for detail of errors from cmd.

Note that cmd is using app/app.js which is not the app.js that was created by Architect, but is a template generated by cmd during this process.

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
    [*]Execute: sencha generate app Test09 /var/www/Test09/
    Are you changing your application name to Test09 (this must match)
    Defaults to MyApp
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

No I was not and that was the problem. I am off and running. Many thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    clansman is on a distinguished road

Hello, I have a problem with building a native ios app on windows.

To be precise I tried a lot of different versions of sencha cmd and sdk. My latest attempts were executed according to this guide. I am using:

Sencha cmd v3.0.2.288 and 2.1.1 framework version.

I created all the provisioning portal certificates etc. Got my bundle seed id. I generate the project then follow up with a production (or native I tried both) build. finally I try to package it using

sencha app package build packager.json

As I understand it the result (outpath) should contain a file MyApp.app that I can upload to my iTunes and further onto my device.

The thing is I get no file with that extension and the command line does not prompt me at all after I execute the last command. I get the cmd version empty line and that's it. However a file structure is created in the destenation folder.

The attached picture shows the output and here is my config file:
    Code:
    {    "applicationName":"BusinessGallery",

"applicationId":"com.dps.businessgallery",

"bundleSeedId":"xxxxxxxx",

"versionString":"1.0",

"versionCode":"1",

"icon": {
            "57":"resources/icons/Icon.png",
            "72":"resources/icons/Icon~ipad.png",
            "114":"resources/icons/Icon@2x.png",
            "144":"resources/icons/Icon~ipad@2x.png"
        },

"inputPath":"build/BusinessGallery/production/",

"outputPath":"build/",

"configuration":"Release",

"platform":"iOS",

"deviceType":"Universal",

"certificatePath":"ios_dev.p12",

"certificatePassword":"*******",

"provisionProfile":"Test_Profile.mobileprovision",

"sdkPath":"/path/to/android-sdk",

"androidAPILevel":"8",

"permissions":[
                        "INTERNET",
                        "ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE",
                        "CAMERA",
                        "VIBRATE",
                        "ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION",
                        "ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION",
                        "CALL_PHONE"],

"orientations": [
            "portrait",
            "landscapeLeft",
            "landscapeRight",
            "portraitUpsideDown"
        ]
    }
    I am stuck at this point for at least a week now and since there is no error message I am quite clueless about what is going on. I am guessing this miight be an error on my part or some sort of bug. Any help will be much appriciated.
    senchapost.jpg

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

@clansman please stop posting duplicates. Look at the message when you post, it says your post is marked for moderation meaning your post is there just needs approved which I have and deleted the duplicates. Trying many times doesn't mean that eventually it will work.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    delp is on a distinguished road

I've not done a iOS build, but using Architect and sencha cmd 3 building an APK file this is what I had to do to get it to work. Might be some common issues for doing both builds for iOS and Android.

This may help some people.
    http://kennethsutherland.com/2013/02...t-package-apk/

Vote Rating

Delp,

I'll be reading and passing along your writeup here. Thanks so much for sharing it with the community. Feel free to tweet me if you have any issues in the future. You give, I give. You're awesome.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect