Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    isaid is on a distinguished road

Default White page after build Architekt 2.2.1 project with cmd 3.1.1.274

White page after build Architekt 2.2.1 project with cmd 3.1.1.274

Phil Strong
    you said that Architect 2.3 will solve the problems between cmd and Architekt, so we do not need to do command line stuff or to delete or edit extra files here:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?260573-Process-to-minify-app-from-Sencha-Architect-project
    I
    t might take some time if i wait for a new Architect version, tell then if you could please answer this question:
    after genenerating the app then editing:
    # .sencha/app/sencha.cfg
    app.classpath=${app.dir}/app.js,${app.dir}/app
    and after deleting app/app.js
    and app/view/Main.js,
    and after editing index.html:
    <script src="app/app.js"></script>
    to
    <script src="app.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href=".res/default/app.css"> does not exist,
    and bootstrap.css points to a not yet created css file.
    if i sencha build production or testing i get a white page even if i change .res/default/app.css to packages/ext-theme-gray/build/resources/ext-theme-gray-all.css for example
    Well that was for ext 4.2
    thanks
    isaid

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

I'm about to start device testing soon. I'm running the very latest production builds of ST 2.2 and Architect 2.2.1. There's a lot of information in this and other threads about fixing problems, workarounds etc.. with regards to publishing to iOS and Android with architect. Would someone on the Sencha team (Phil ?) please start a new thread referencing the latest/greatest builds and the problems we're most likely to encounter and workarounds.

I've not done anything yet but suspect (From all the cmd/st/architect) discussions, I'm going to have problems. <sigh>.

Thanks,
    John
    I love being a dad (5 & 7), flying airplanes (KBED) and writing code (spaghetti).
    BostonMerlin aka John Bond aka JB
    See U @ SenchaCon '13

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

YMMV but I strongly suggest downloading VirtualBox and install Sencha Cmd there. I have been running Linux Mint and both Sencha Architect and Cmd installs right out of the box on that distro. I then use my NAS to transfer in/out of them VM when building.
    I haven't built for ST but once the build environment is sane for the project I have managed to stick with it.

Just my $0.02,
    /Mattias

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Is your initial view a Viewport? No errors?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rupamkhaitan is on a distinguished road

I need help on how can i access common component in my main project and do a single JS file build using sencha command?

Basically my project flow is

MainProject - all the src for these project . it will refer common/thirdparty projects
    Common - It will have all common components needed for multiple diff project
    thirdparty - library project having all extjs/touch libraries. So all my project will refer to thirdparty instead of creating libs in each project.

I am not understanding how can i design the flow which makes one minified file using Mainproject/common/thirdparty

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    If you're trying to do a build of your project (single js, compressed) then it's likely you'll need to make sure your index.html file include the following

Touch
    You're going to need to have the microloader in your entry html file
    Code:
    <!-- The line below must be kept intact for Sencha Command to build your application -->
    <script id="microloader" type="text/javascript" src="touch/microloader/development.js"></script>
    ExtJS
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML>
    <html>
    <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8">
        <title>fresh</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href=".res/default/app.css">
        <!-- <x-compile> -->
            <!-- <x-bootstrap> -->
                <script src="ext/ext-dev.js"></script>
                <script src="bootstrap.js"></script>
            <!-- </x-bootstrap> -->
            <script src="app.js"></script>
        <!-- </x-compile> -->
    </head>
    <body></body>
    </html>

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    isaid is on a distinguished road

well thank you phil and tangix,
    Phil:
    i made a Viewport as a initial view then it works, before the initial view was a formpanel so i got a white page
    tangix:
    after i installed linux mint in a virtual machine, then i installed apache, jre, ruby, compass, senchacmd and Architect, and it worked will with ext, after i copied app.js to the app folder.
    So sencha has to do alot of homework regarding to develop under windows os.

thanks
    isaid

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dusoft is on a distinguished road

Hello! Great Post!.. I am trying to integrate the latest versions of Sencha architect and Sencha Cmd (downloaded today).
    I followed all steps perfectly..but I have some questions...

a) I make a new sencha touch 2.2.x project with Sencha Architect (SA)
    b) I execute "sencha generate app <projectName> path/to/project" and I get this error:
    Code:
    [ERR] MERGE CONFLICT - /xxx/app/app.js
    [ERR] Please resolve manually - see /xxx/xxx/app/app.js

I think that is not a complicated error, I solved it, generating (with sencha cmd) other new app,and later merged the new app.js file with existing app.js of the SA project. Is it ok?

c) I generated models, controllers, views,etc using sencha cmd correctly,

d) I open again the SA project but I don't see the new files (controllers, models, views) generated. Did I forget execute some command?

My aim is use sencha cmd to generate MVC automatic code, and edit it with SA to add UI components, fields, controls, etc...
    Is it possible?

Best Regards,

Eduardo

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hbse is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by paulcardo View Post
    Thanks, sencha app build testing revealed the real problem

In the function parseNamespace: function(namespace) variable "name" is undefined.
    The application has name "MyApp" and namespaces in blank.
    Project was updated to Ext 4.2.0. and works fine on "Publish"

I tried adding in namespaces "MyApp" but still got the same error.

In SA 2.2 I did a new project Ext 4.2, very simple with name "MyApp" with namespaces in blank and when "Build" it did not has this namespace error.
    Seems I have a similar problem, I wrote a small test application (using Sencha Architect 2.2.1) containing a view grids, corresponding stores and a pie chart, which works fine as long as it's called in the directory where S.A. saves it.

Following the instructions in this thread I made a "production build" of the application using Sencha Cmd v3.1.1.274, and now the pie chart is not displayed anymore whereas the grids still seem to work.
    After building with "sencha app build testing" I get the following error when I call the application:

TypeError: name is undefined

if (name === from || name.substring(0, from.length) === from) {

which is a line in the function "parseNamespace".

After reading this post I started all over again with a new project containing nothing but the pie chart, but I still get the same error.

I'm currently evaluating several javascript frameworks and I was pretty thrilled when I discovered Sencha Architect, it looked like the javascript development tool I always dreamed of. That a common task like making a production build requires workarounds and reading through forums posts and still doesn't work for me is a bit disappointing.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by hbse View Post
    After reading this post I started all over again with a new project containing nothing but the pie chart, but I still get the same error.
    I'm on the road so I can't check this but just want to give you a friendly hint - try adding "Ext.chart.*" (or the equivalent for pie charts) to the "requires" section of the application in Sencha Architect. I ran into the same issues with bar charts and problems when trying to build.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hbse is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much, it works now.