Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Super! Glad to hear.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dusoft is on a distinguished road

Sencha Architect doens't see files (models, view, controlers) generated by SenchaCMD.

Hello! I am trying to integrate the latest versions of Sencha architect and Sencha Cmd (downloaded today).
    I followed all steps perfectly indicated in this Post

..but I have some errors..

a) I make a new sencha touch 2.2.x project with Sencha Architect (SA)
    b) I execute "sencha generate app <projectName> path/to/project" and I get this error:
    C:

[ERR] MERGE CONFLICT - /xxx/app/app.js[ERR] Please resolve manually - see /xxx/xxx/app/app.js

I think that is not a complicated error, I solved it, generating (with sencha cmd) other new app,and later merged the new app.js file with existing app.js of the SA project. Is it ok?

c) I generated models, controllers, views,etc using sencha cmd correctly,

d) I open again the SA project but I don't see the new files (controllers, models, views) generated. Did I forget execute some command?

My aim is use sencha cmd to generate MVC automatic code, and edit it with SA to add UI components, fields, controls, etc...
    Is it possible?

Best Regards,

Eduardo

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dusoft View Post
    b) I execute "sencha generate app <projectName> path/to/project" and I get this error:
    C:

[ERR] MERGE CONFLICT - /xxx/app/app.js[ERR] Please resolve manually - see /xxx/xxx/app/app.js
    This is easy to solve, simply open project in Architect and perform a save.

Quote Originally Posted by dusoft View Post
    c) I generated models, controllers, views,etc using sencha cmd correctly,

d) I open again the SA project but I don't see the new files (controllers, models, views) generated. Did I forget execute some command?

My aim is use sencha cmd to generate MVC automatic code, and edit it with SA to add UI components, fields, controls, etc...
    Is it possible?
    It's not possible to add stores, views, models, controllers using Cmd and have them show up in Architect. Architect works from metadata and generates javascript. Cmd simply generates javascript. There has been some preliminary work to support models generated w/ Cmd where Cmd also generates Architect metadata if it detects it's working with an Architect project.

For now you'll have to Drag out controllers, stores, models, etc ... from the Architect toolbox and configure them inside Architect. Remember the benefits here are many, including validation, framework upgrades e.g. 4.1 -> 4.2, event/function signatures, etc...

There are some that generate their controllers using Cmd and edit them using a text editor. They simply include those as js resources in the project. It's certainly not the intended workflow but if it works for them it might work for others.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dusoft is on a distinguished road

Thanks! your comment has been very useful for me.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    franklt69 is on a distinguished road

Default Custom Build to ExtJs with Architect 2.2.2 Build 971 and senchaCmd v3.0.0.250

Custom Build to ExtJs with Architect 2.2.2 Build 971 and senchaCmd v3.0.0.250

Hi am very confused about the step to create a simple custom Build app to ExtJs4.2.0 (it have only a form) to set in production using only the js that need the in the application, (I don't want all ext.js) I found may info but is working with other version of sencha Cmd ect, please some info about it is appreciate, I am workin on Window7

regards
    Frank

Vote Rating
    glopes will become famous soon enough glopes will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Architect: 2.2.2
    Sencha CMD: 3.1.2.342

I think there is something wrong with my folder structure, because everytime I run Sencha Cmd inside my project's folder I have the following output:

Code:
    [ERR] null
         at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceEnvironment.extractPackage(Works
    paceEnvironment.java:176)
         at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceEnvironment.getPackageEnvironmen
    t(WorkspaceEnvironment.java:196)
         at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getThemePackageEn
    vironment(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:245)
         at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getThemePackageEn
    vironments(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:255)
         at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getThemePackageNa
    mes(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:266)
         at com.sencha.command.environment.AppEnvironment.<init>(AppEnvironment.java
    :54)
         at com.sencha.command.environment.BuildEnvironment.load(BuildEnvironment.ja
    va:193)
         at com.sencha.command.Sencha.loadBuildEnvironment(Sencha.java:374)
         at com.sencha.command.Sencha.main(Sencha.java:127)
    I've tried running sencha command on another project's folder and it runs fine, the problem is just with one project in particular. Any suggestions?

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Reached out to a Cmd engineer to see if we can discover what this is caused by.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    glopes will become famous soon enough glopes will become famous soon enough

Phil,

I deleted the folder
    • .sencha
    and the files
    • app.json
    • bootstrap.css
    • bootstrap.js
    • build.xml
    • index.html
    ran the "sencha generate app" command again and it worked.

Vote Rating

Ok glad it's working now. Cmd engineer responded:
    Seems like it failed to find a package it needed. There should be a message about which one, but that part of the CLI output didn't get pasted into the post.
    Glad we're in working state now!
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sergiomichels is on a distinguished road

I noticed that sometimes the code generated by Sencha Architect isn't compatible with Sencha Cmd. If I build for the "testing" environment, I can see the error " [Ext.createByAlias] Cannot create an instance of unrecognized alias".

If I change the app.js file, adding the Ext.require to the classes that createByAlias complains, then it works.

I need to do that with Charts, for example.

Code:
    Ext.require('Ext.chart.*');
    Is there any config in the Architect to make this requires?