You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTGWT-2733 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    esag_dk is on a distinguished road

Default LiveGridView: removing an item

LiveGridView: removing an item

Version(s) of Ext GWT
    Ext GWT 3.0.1

Browser versions and OS (and desktop environment, if applicable)
    IE 9 Windows 7

Description
    Removing an item from a LiveGridView creates an empty area within the grid.
    I can't really provide an example, but I think, you can take any LiveGrid, as long as it contains many items (so the vertical scrollbar is visible). I'm using the default configuration: 200 items are loaded and about 20 of them are visible. After removing some items (using store.remove(model)) it looks like this:

livegrid-delete-bug.jpg

Now try scrolling: the white area remains (until a reload).
    It shouldn't be required to reload the grid (the only workaround I can think of), since the first 200 items are already loaded.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    esag_dk is on a distinguished road

any update?

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

This requires a lot of internal changes within LiveGridView.

Currently livegridview is meant to be a server "streaming" view. It does not support any client side modifications, however adding support for removing should be possible. Every remove/add needs to be done on the backend and you need to reload the LiveGridView.

I will push this to the bug tracker as a feature request.

Thread Participants: 1