Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hcallesis is on a distinguished road

Default Web services in Sencha Architect/Sencha Touch

Web services in Sencha Architect/Sencha Touch

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, but I couldn't find a search function to look for others ... I am basically at the 'see Spot run' stage in javascript, and have been googling tutorials for a couple of days to no avail. I've created a web service in Delphi, which saves it as a CGI exe module. I have IIS configured to make this service avaiable, and have been able to access it successfully with a Delphi client, as well as accessing the WSDL page from a browser. The service has two functions, Add and Subtract. Each takes two integers and returns an integer result (like I said, very basic). What I would like to do is write a small Sencha Touch app that will use these services. I have the two entry fields and the result field set up, and buttons for the two functions. Where I'm lost is how to call the web service, pass the parameters, and get the result. I have an onTap event set up for each button, and I can get the values from the fields, but where do I go from here? I'm not sure if I need a Store, or exactly how to set it up for this usage if I do. I've looked into Ext.Ajax.Request, but can't find an example that specifies which function of a service to use. Many thanks in advance for any assistance/links/etc ...

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

hcallesis -

Because you refer to WSDL I assume you mean you are looking for SOAP as a transport mechanism. We recently introduced a SOAP proxy as part of the Complete Team package. With a little bit of work you could get this running on Touch.

I would recommend that you use a standard ajax request or jsonp request. SOAP is a pretty heavyweight XML-based protocol that isn't very friendly to mobile devices.

https://github.com/SenchaArchitect has a number of examples consuming external webservices using JSON-P like GeoCongress and CityBars.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hcallesis is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the response. I had been to that link and looked at a couple of the examples but not those specific ones. I'll check them out.
    I mentioned the WSDL because that seemed to be how the service that was created did things - it's a CGI .exe file. I'm not sure if other access methods are available - as I said, I'm a rank beginner in this particular area. Hopefully the examples you mentioned will tell me what needs to go where in the IDE to make it all work. Thanks again.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    KlebsonSouza is on a distinguished road

Default Delphi Datasnap with ExtJS

Delphi Datasnap with ExtJS

Does anyone have any examples of delphi CRUD datasnap with Ext JS

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    daljeetsingh1985 is on a distinguished road

SOAP proxy - architect - 2.2.2 - trial version

i have the trial version(2.2.2) of the Sencha Architect. I want to consume SOAP web services in it by creating the soap proxy but i cannot see any option to add the SOAP proxy.

Also, in one of threads, i came to know about adding soapproxy.js class in the resources folder as a workaround. Can you tell me where can i get that JS file?

Regards,

Daljeet