Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CubicMushroom is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: List view with individual item toggles

Answered: List view with individual item toggles

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a list view, based on a model, where a user can click on items to enable/disable them individually. This would then save the data to local storage every time the user clicks an item. Not sure where to start with this.

I've created a List View using the MULTI mode, but how do I hook that back in to the store to save the state of the selection?

Thanks in advance.

T

2. I'm not sure what you mean. You would need to listen to the selectionchange event on the list and change all records in the store to have the new field true/false based on if that record is past in the event.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You can have a field on the model and when the record is selected save that to the field.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks mitchellsimoens. How do I specify the field to be updates (& what it updates with)?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what you mean. You would need to listen to the selectionchange event on the list and change all records in the store to have the new field true/false based on if that record is past in the event.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ah, I was wondering if there was a way to do this automatically...

Final question then (hopefully)... How do I get the on/off state of the item selected? I can't find any indication in the passed arguments?

Answers
    Vote Rating

I'm not sure I understand... like get if a record is selected in the list?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yeah, but it's OK. I'm calling .getSelection() to get the selected records.

Thread Participants: 1