Hybrid View

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    stoertebeker is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Native packaging an ST2 app for simulator or device

Unanswered: Native packaging an ST2 app for simulator or device

Hi,
    I have now tried for the past 12 weeks to try to achieve this which I was hoping was pretty simple, but no luck and no useful response to prior posts. Going thru dozens of hints from other posts I made little steps but at some point I got new problems or error messages.

Isn't there a guide or some piece of documentation that describes with a small sample what has to be done to package an app and run it on an iPhone for example?

So far I was able to package my app and load it onto my iPhone (via iTunes). The app starts but that is it. When I press a button nothing happens (when I run the app via Safari or Chrome everything is fine, so I assume that something gets broken in the conversion process).

So I thought that I try to build the app for the iOS simulator but that results in new errors, like:
    Code:
    /Users/xx/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.181/sencha app build native /Users/xx/Sites/st2/app/simulator.json
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.181
    [ERROR]        Unable to locate 'app.dir' config property from sencha.cfg
    [ERROR]        Please ensure this command was executed from a valid application directory
    [ERROR]        Non-appliaction directory
    Not sure what this is trying to tell me. I know that there are many other developers struggling with similar issues so wouldnt it be great to have some guidance?

Another thing I tried (from some Sencha recommendation), which resulted in an error as well:
    Code:
    /Users/xx/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.181/sencha ant native build /Users/xx/Sites/st2/app/simulator.json
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.181
    [ERROR]        java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/xx/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.181/build.xml (No such file or directory)
    One more thing: when I follow the instructions from the Sencha Touch docu Iget this:
    Code:
    /Users/xx/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.0.0.181/sencha package run /Users/xx/Sites/st2/app/simulator.json
    Sencha Cmd v3.0.0.181
    [ERROR]		
    [DEBUG] Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 "Simulator session timed out." UserInfo=0x7f85b30a8690 {NSLocalizedDescription=Simulator session timed out.}
    The application was successfully packaged

[ERROR]		stbuild exited with non-zero code : 1

Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The error you got from the first snippet:

Please ensure this command was executed from a valid application directory
    You are in the Sencha Cmd directory, you need to be within your application directory and execute

Code:
    sencha app build native
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.