Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    andyjv is on a distinguished road

Default Wiki?

Wiki?

Has there ever been a discussion on creating a Wiki for Sencha API? Couldn't be any worse than the currently outdated and inaccurate docs.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by andyjv View Post
    Has there ever been a discussion on creating a Wiki for Sencha API?
    The issue I see is that we then have to have someone approve and maintain quality control. You may do great at it but someone else may just provide not enough or plain wrong info. It's something that has been floated around so it's not being turned down just logistics that has to be figured out for building and maintaining.

Quote Originally Posted by andyjv View Post
    Couldn't be any worse than the currently outdated and inaccurate docs.
    Wouldn't say this is true but my own personal opinion.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well you can update the docs with or without community help. Most of the common components already have plenty of comments that add to the documentation.)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Every day I come across something like this, which is why there really needs to be a wiki:

http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...nePickerConfig

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'm surprised there isn't more intrest in a Wiki.

Really you can just look through http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/comment to see many cases of corrections and disappointment in the current docs.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    flanders will become famous soon enough

As a general rule: duplication is the devil. Whenever you start duplicating information to multiple sources it is guaranteed to start and bite you in the ass at some point.

I have no experience (yet) with the Touch docs, but the ExtJS API docs are very well done in my opinion. Giving the extremely difficult context of the various browsers, the speed at wich both the web and Sencha are moving I find the docs astonishing good.

I believe your effort would be much better spent by providing suggestions to the docs. I have seen "bugreports" for the documentation being taken seriously and I have seen responses to inline comments leading to better documentation. In the end I believe it will be better if you comment in the docs, posts improvement suggestions on the forum or maybe even provide a patch every now and than that can be examind by a Sencha dude and merged into the source documentation.
    Last edited by flanders; 12 Dec 2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: it should be spent - I think...

Thread Participants: 2