Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-3619 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Default Examples often use Ext.data.JsonStore even though docs say not to

Examples often use Ext.data.JsonStore even though docs say not to

I've noticed many examples (ST 2.1 RC2) that use Ext.data.JsonStore. But it doesn't show up in the help under the data tree on the left. And when I did get to it (via Store's subclasses section), I found a big pink notice:
    NOTE This is a private utility class for internal use by the framework. Don't rely on its existence.

Should the examples really be using this if we're not supposed to? Isn't it a bad thing to teach?

Some topics with examples that use it:
    Ext.chart.axis.Category/Numeric/Time (lots of examples in charts particularly - probably a lot of them just copy/pasted)
    Ext.dataview.IndexBar

In the exampes:
    EnergyApp.store.ChartStore
    EnergyApp.store.YearStore

It's also just kind of weird that JsonStore is marked as private but not its siblings ArrayStore, DirectStore, or NodeStore.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree. I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Thread Participants: 1