Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    RunPixelRun is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Scroll only programatically

Answered: Scroll only programatically

Is there a way to disable scrolling of a container/panel for the user but still scroll programatically (animated)? Eg, I'd like the set scrollable to false, but still be able to call scrollTo on the scroller - or something similar. This obviously doesn't work when scrollable is false.
    I've tried enabling/disabling as needed, ie. calling setScrollable('vertical') just before I call scrollTo and then setScrollable(false) when its finished. This actually works but I do get a flicker every time its set back to false. Appears to jump back to top for a split second then back again to where I scrolled to.

Basically I'm targetting iOS only (PhoneGap app) and I have some content that's out of view ("below the fold") that I want to control when it's seen, and not allow the user to just scroll down to it.

Any ideas?

2. Ok I worked it out.
    So I left the container config as scrollable: 'vertical' and just enable/disable the actual Scroller as needed (instead of the scrollable value of the container).
    On init of the container I set this.getScrollable().getScroller().setDisabled(true).
    Then when I want to use scrollTo I just set this.getScrollable().getScroller().setDisabled(false) first, and then back to true soon as its done.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    RunPixelRun is on a distinguished road

Ok I worked it out.
    So I left the container config as scrollable: 'vertical' and just enable/disable the actual Scroller as needed (instead of the scrollable value of the container).
    On init of the container I set this.getScrollable().getScroller().setDisabled(true).
    Then when I want to use scrollTo I just set this.getScrollable().getScroller().setDisabled(false) first, and then back to true soon as its done.