Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Vote Rating
    Nxs is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Custom grid feature (ex: filter) for a gridPanel causes blank display in design mode

Custom grid feature (ex: filter) for a gridPanel causes blank display in design mode

Architect Build tested:
    • Build: 640
    Project Type:
    • ExtJS 4.1.x
    Description:
    • Custom "features" property for a grid causes a blank display in design mode of the component
    Steps to reproduce the problem:The result that was expected:
    • The display of the grid in Design mode
    The result that occurs instead:
    • Nothing is displayed

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

These will have to be added via an override.

Architect's canvas does not have your custom code loaded in and therefore cannot render it.

We are working on user extensions which will allow you to load user code into Architect's canvas down the line.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    Nxs is on a distinguished road

Question

Ok...

The problem is that my grid panel (in my project) is in a tab of a tabpanel and so my entire component isn't visible anymore. I can't view or modify my popup with the designer. To do that, I must remove the "features" custom property, modify the popup and re-add the property...

I tried to add the "features" property at execution time in gridpanel's beforerender event :

Code:
    abstractcomponent.features = [
    {
    ftype: "filters",
    encode: false,
    local: false,
    filters: []
    }
    ];
    or like this:

Code:
    Ext.apply(abstractcomponent, 
    {
    features: [
    {
    ftype: "filters",
    encode: false,
    local: false,
    filters: []
    }
    ]
    });
    ...but it does nothing. In Chrome console I see that the property is well added to my gridpanel but the columns headers don't have the filter option...Maybe something is missing ?

Any way to perform that at execution time to allow me designing with Architect my component and also have the filter option enabled for execution ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Nxs; 24 Oct 2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: bad copy/paste in code section

Thread Participants: 1