Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    netnutmike is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: JSBuilder Issues

Unanswered: JSBuilder Issues

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, if not, sorry, point me in the correct direction.

I have downloaded the SDK and JSBuilder seperate as well and when I run the java JSBuilder2.jar I get a "could not find the main class: JSBuilder2.jar" error. I have tried on windows, mac and unix with the same error on all 3. I am probably doing something wrong but I am not sure what that is.

Does anyone have experience with this error?

When I install the SDK and try to run the JSBuilder it wants me to install the jsdb components to run. I have not installed jsdb yet. I was hoping to not have to install it if possible.

Mike

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

jsbuilder shouldn't be used for Ext JS 4... if you are using 4.1.1a, 4.1.2a or 4.1.3 then you should use Sencha Cmd otherwise you can use the SDK Tools
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    netnutmike is on a distinguished road

ok, I was trying to use the jsbuilder from the SDK. I thought CMD was only for compiling for mobile, etc. I will get that and give it a try.

Thanks

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    James Goddard will become famous soon enough James Goddard will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    jsbuilder shouldn't be used for Ext JS 4...
    ExtJS 4 is production. Sencha Cmd is beta. The sdk tools are beta.

Until Cmd is out of beta and working much better than it does now, Sencha should continue to support jsbuilder. There is no reason not to use builder with 4, and a lot of reasons not to use cmd in a production environment.

Mike, if it helps, this is the command line I use to run jsbuilder2 from linux:

java -jar builder/JSBuilder2.jar --projectFile ./myproject.jsb2 --homeDir .

and windoze:

java -jar %drivep%\builder\JSBuilder2.jar --projectFile %drivep%\myproject.jsb2 --homeDir %drivep%

Thread Participants: 2