Vote Rating
    Answers
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Best way to get a series screen X, Y for a certain value on the series?

Unanswered: Best way to get a series screen X, Y for a certain value on the series?

I'm working on implementing my own popup hint interaction (a lot more fancy than the ItemInfo one). I can get the screen X, Y from the gesture event using the event.pageX and event.pageY. I want to pop up a hint with a callout pointing to the point on the series. Unfortunately, pageX and pageY might be a few pixels off because you can click near the series point and not exactly on it.

So what I need to do is find what the ACTUAL series X, Y (in screen coordinates) are for a given X value in a series. Is there a way to do this? I'm digging around in the sprite code and thinking I may be finding undocumented ways to do this. But I'd prefer a way that's the most stable and doesn't rely on the guts of the code.

Any suggestions?

Vote Rating
    Answers

Here's how I wound up doing it. Would still not mind hearing if there's a better "official" way so I'm leaving this with no answer marked.

This is code in the gesture event for an interaction:
    Code:
            var item = this.getItemForEvent(e);
            if (item) {
                var chart = this.getChart();
                var chartRegion = chart.getMainRegion();
                var clientCoords = item.sprite.attr.matrix.transformPoint([
                    item.series.getXAxis().getCoordFor(item.record.get(item.series.getXField())),
                    item.series.getYAxis().getCoordFor(item.record.get(item.field))
                ]);
                var chartXY = chart.element.getXY();
                var seriesScreenX = clientCoords[0] + chartXY[0] + chartRegion[0];
                var seriesScreenY = chartRegion[3] - clientCoords[1] + chartXY[1] + chartRegion[1];

Vote Rating
    Answers

Fixed the above so it works with category axes as well.