Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-3636 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    huberte will become famous soon enough

Sorry to ask again, but is there a way (with your solution) to test the app on the iphone simulator ?

I'll try your way of adding the Itunes icon, hoping it will not break the signature of the ipa file (it seems, you can't do the same thing iwth an apk file)

Edit : tried your way. build native, put the .app in the application folder from the ios emulator. the app is not launching, don't know why....

Vote Rating
    VladimirTechMan is on a distinguished road

Hi huberte,

I think there should be a way to test on the simulator provided with XCode. That said, right now I am more focused on (and interesting in) developing navite iOS apps with Sencha Touch using Windows platform; that is my specific interest.

I can check on OS X too. And I may eventually be able to get back to that sometime during this week (possibly -- cannot guarantee, sorry). If the matter is really urgent to you, you may want to make a quick test yourself and report your own results...
    ---
    Vladimir (TechMan)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I'm developping on windows too.

Here is what I do (just have in your mind that all my builds work on android (Testing/package through server, and apk packed directly on device)

I'm just tired to send ipa files over the net and not be able to test them before on iosSimulator

Build testing, build package, build native : no error

1. try to pu the app folder in the "secret" folder of ios Simulator on MacosX :

/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone\Launching the app ends with a return on ios home screen launcher

2. try to launch build testing/package/native and then "add to home screen" launcher from safari. App hangs (I have ext.device.Device in my app.js but I need to), dots are blincking, nothing happens.

EDIT : Works without Ext.device.Device. It's a known bug, when comes the bug free version( and the one with the itunes icon ?) Thanks !

So I don't really know how to ake my app works on iOSSimulator with all my processing build on windows.

thks again...

Vote Rating
    VladimirTechMan is on a distinguished road

huberte,

While I didn't have a chance to check myself in relation to item 1 from your response above, I think I can quickly help you with item 2: That is a well-known issue introduced just a few beta releases prior to the GA of Sencha Touch 2.1. Please, look at my report about it in the thread below and, specifically, at the workaround that can be applied manually while we are waiting for ST 2.2.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...xt.device-quot

Note: You will need to check all the files for the Ext.device.Device classes that you use in your app(s). And correct where necessary. (There are several "logical patterns" implemented inside those files and the changes that you will apply to each of them depend on the exact logic inside the file. But that is easy to figure out.)
    ---
    Vladimir (TechMan)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Strangely I can add my app to iOS homescreen when I launch from the root app on server (with ext.device.Device commented out).

Soon as I build native/ testing/ package/production and I pointed safari there, then adding to home screen, the app does not start and stay by the blinking dots....

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gasper87 is on a distinguished road

Default image not loaded

image not loaded

i have one problem, compile the application with "sencha app build native" and install app into ipad. when i start the application into ipad, correctly start, but the images not load. if i test the application with browser the images are loaded.