Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

Default Thread subscription issues in bugs forum

Thread subscription issues in bugs forum

I've been noticing an issue with the email notifications from threads I start in the ExtJS 4 bug reports forum. I receive the notifications fine for "normal" posts in the thread, if someone responds with a comment, but if a Sencha staff member opens a ticket for the thread, I never get notified of the post that says, "Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker."

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I suspect it's probably related to the bug tracker integration, but of course that's just a wild guess. It sure would be nice to get email notifications for those posts when the ticket is opened, so that I don't have to come back and check the threads manually all the time.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to revisit that plugin. The reply is a default message that we have a chance to edit before it posts it automatically so the method in vbulletin may not be sending email.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

Sounds good. Thanks, Mitchell!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ok... I'm taking it a step further. Every time there is an action taken on a bug report it will send a PM to the person who opened the thread. So if you opened a bug report in any bug forum and we open it, it will send you a PM saying that we have taken action on your bug report. When it has been updated, like marked as fixed, it will also send you a PM saying we have taken action on your bug report which will be nice.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Awesome, this will be very useful!

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Sorry, but I gotta say this is the OPPOSITE of useful! X)

Now I get two messages - one for the thread getting the automated "Thanks for the bug report" note, and one for the PM that tells me the bug has been marked as OPEN.

I would turn off notifications of PMs by email, but then I might miss actual non-automated PMs.

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Actually, I take it back. I'm not getting a notification of the automated message added to my subscribed threads. I just usually get one because you post some other comment to it. So I suppose it's not SO horrible. Still kind of wish I could opt out, though.

Thread Participants: 2