Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    John2011 is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Data.Model.get() does not work for all fields

Ext.Data.Model.get() does not work for all fields

I am upgrading an app to Sencha Touch 2.0.1.1 and found that get() is no longer working.

The data I have loaded is present in the "raw" property, but in the "data" property there is only the ID and the value of a property that has been modified using a method in the model.

The get() method only looks at the "data" property, as is visible in the source code of Sencha Touch:

Code:
        /**
         * Returns the value of the given field
         * @param {String} fieldName The field to fetch the value for
         * @return {Object} The value
         */
        get: function(fieldName) {
            return this.data[fieldName];
        },
    I think the get() method should also look in the "raw"-object if the field is not present in the "data"-object.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you don't have a field for some of your data or something is wrong (mapping etc). Can I get a test case to reproduce the issue?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1