Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    Brett Hannah is on a distinguished road

Default Nimbus Theme for ExtJS 4

Nimbus Theme for ExtJS 4

We've just released the Nimbus Theme for ExtJS 4. Check it out. We've done our best to give a completely different look and feel to the standard Ext JS theme (not just change $base-color ).

We'd love to know what the rest of you guys think of it!

Take a look at http://EdgeUX.com

ExtJSThemeNimbus.png

Update - To celebrate our arrival on the Sencha Market the complete SCSS Source/CSS and Icons are available for £19.99

https://market.sencha.com/users/175/extensions/184

We hope you all enjoy it!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    zhengeili is on a distinguished road

Default not free?

not free?

not free? ¥249

Vote Rating

Default What is a theme worth?

What is a theme worth?

Hi zhengeili,

You raise an interesting point. How much are people prepared to pay for Ext JS themes?

As anyone that has ever tried to create a theme knows it's a hell of a lot of work (designing and creating close to 100 new icons, detailed SASS coding changes across the majority of the original Sencha SASS codebase not to mention your basic CSS design), hence the reason we are not inundated with floods of high quality themes that significantly alter the look and feel of Ext JS.

I've seen the value of a theme pay dividends time and time again, it's amazing how differently a user will look at an app that looks like it's straight out of the 90's to something clean and modern and that value should not be underestimated.

So I'd like to put two questions out to our fellow forum users:
    • How much are we prepared to pay for CSS stylesheets?
    • How much are we prepared to pay for the SCSS source?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

First .. nice work! Good to see a new theme.

The other side of this is that while this is a lot of work, I am not sure how many bites you would get on a higher price.

As for my experience in selling shareware software in my ole Win32 days .. we had better luck selling the product at a lower price and getting many sales instead of hoping for a few sales at a higher price.

The theme has already been developed ..

eg:
    Better to get 100 sales @ 99.00, than to get 10 sales @249.00

Just a thought

Regards,
    Scott

Vote Rating

Default Thanks Scott

Thanks Scott

Thanks for the positive feedback Scott and the words of wisdom.

It's something of a catch-22 on the one hand we all want great themes for Ext JS that go beyond our beloved 'blue' and it would be great if the community could get a thriving market going for themes. The question is at what price point would people be prepared to pay for a theme?

If that price point turns out to be zero then it looks like we're stuck with 'blue' for a while longer

Anyone fancy a straw poll...
    How much would you be prepared to pay for the SCSS code of a great Ext JS Theme:
    $10
    $25
    $50
    $75
    $100

From a personal standpoint, my employers aside (don't shoot me please), I'd say $50.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    luizcg is on a distinguished road

Hi Brett,

there is a site that I like a lot. It sells themes for sites. I won't publish it here cause I don't know if it is allowed (and i'm lazy to search it ). The top sales theme has 3739 sales of $20. Doing the math, the guy has raised more that 70k dollars for a theme!!

I have no idea the amount of work that takes to create a theme for extjs neither a similar one i'm talking about.

Developers at Apple Store or Google Play makes a lot of money with games of $ 0.99...

I'm not telling that I think a theme most be sold by $0.99. On the other hand, i'd be willing to pay a higher amount for a theme such as Kohive (presented in some sencha con).