Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you would have to detect scrolling and add the tab bar to the container if the tab panel is scrolled under the container and when the top of the tab panel is back in view add the tab bar back to the tab panel.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kryptomens is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Yes, you would have to detect scrolling and add the tab bar to the container if the tab panel is scrolled under the container and when the top of the tab panel is back in view add the tab bar back to the tab panel.
    Thats great. I was thinking along similar lines, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Is there a function that I can use to "remove" the tabbar form the tabpanel or Container, and put it somewhere else? and then put it back when I need to?

Also, won't this create a jerk in the scrolling motion?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Listen for the scroll events on the scroller to detect when you are scrolling.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I got that part. What I meant was, I don't know how to get the tabbar to stick or scroll in its default position under certain conditions - in this case - scroll value.

Is there any function that can help me relocate the tabbar?

Answers
    Vote Rating

All you have to do is container.add(tabbar) and that will move the tabbar from the tab panel to the container.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Great! Thanks a lot dude! I'll try this out and post my results here later.

Cheers~!

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    LisburnLad will become famous soon enough

Did you ever get this to work by changing the docking of the tab bar from the tab panel to the hosting container?

I've also been trying to get something similar working, but have tried to do it by hiding the top panel when it moves off screen and swapping which container can scroll, but its all rather fiddly and the tab bar only docks to the top of the parent container after the touch has been removed.

If you got this working, would it be possible for you to post how you moved the tab bar from one container to another?

Thanks.

Thread Participants: 2