Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    viprinet is on a distinguished road

Simon: No, I do not think anyone has ever got Sencha Command to build a Sencha Architect project. It looks like Sencha Command simply is not able to get the dependencies right - in the all-classes.js and the final app-all.js you will always have things pasted in requiring things pasted in at a later position of the file. And this causes ExtJS to fail with a blank screen.

I ended up with the following:

Using Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3 to create an app.jsb3. Then manualy analyze the app.jsb3 and the all-classes.js file to identify all places where there are components defined that depend on components not yet defined, and re-order the items in the app.jsb3 file until things make sense. After that you can use sencha build to create a working app-all.js Then I backup/rename the app.jsb3 and keep it for the next few builds. However, everytime Sencha Architect creates a new source file, this works needs to be redone based on the saved app.jsb3 copy.

Phil: This thread is a nightmare, and you should be ashmed. Sencha Architect is the only commercial development in the world that does not have a working function to BUILD projects. Having to resort to external command line tools already is crazy enough instead of simply having a "build button", especially as the build process is simply concating files together.

And how you manage to not understand this very simply issue which you can reproduce by opening up Sencha Architect, creating a "hello world" up and trying to get it to build is horrible support. What's worse than that is the number of times in this thread that you have forgotten we are talking about ExtJS, not Touch, another product that you SELL FOR MONEY.

Greetings from a frustrated customer who has bought both products, and spends precious time copy&pasting files together on a daily Basis.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by viprinet View Post
    Simon: No, I do not think anyone has ever got Sencha Command to build a Sencha Architect project. It looks like Sencha Command simply is not able to get the dependencies right - in the all-classes.js and the final app-all.js you will always have things pasted in requiring things pasted in at a later position of the file. And this causes ExtJS to fail with a blank screen.
    Respectfully, this is a false statement.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Simon if you haven't done this yet try making your initial view a Viewport. If it's not, simply add a viewport and then move the current initial view into it. Then right click the viewport and mark it as initial view.

Save it and try building again.

I've found fairly recently that for some reason the autoCreateViewport feature just doesn't seem to work with a packaged build.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team