Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mediademon is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Nested List Refresh

Unanswered: Nested List Refresh

Scenario:
    I have a nested list which loads from a store (via proxy). I want to be able to refresh the list every hour and on pull down. I have the timer and the pull down set up but I'm having trouble with the actually reload.

Problem:
    If you just get the store and call .load(), then it refreshes the list, but if you are anywhere but the root of the list it leaves you with a blank screen. So far the only way round this I've found is to use another function to return to the root of the list before refreshing, something like this:

This is in a controller function which gets called:
    Code:
    this.getProductlist().goToNode(Ext.getStore('ProductStore').getRoot());
    This is in either the pull down refresh function or the timer function:
    Code:
    Ext.getStore('ProductStore').load();
    but this is a workaround, I don't want it to go back to the root at all.

So my question is this, how do I refresh a NESTED LIST, from anywhere inside the nested list structure, without it leaving me with a blank screen.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you are on a list and load the treestore again doesn't mean that the child store is going to get the updated data.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1