Answers
    Vote Rating
    riyaad is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: ST2.0 Dataview

Unanswered: ST2.0 Dataview

Hi guys,

Is there a way to display something like 3 dots or some kind of image to mark end of data on a dataview that doesn't have enough data to cover the entire screen. Let say you have only 3 records and that only covers 1/2 the screen, below the 3rd record you'd want to show " . . . " or something equivalent? Responses are appreciated.

Regards,
    Riyaad

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried adding a component to the dataview? Dataview is just a container, the ListPaging plugin does just this
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your response, although that not exactly what I'm looking for as the ListPaging plugin assumes that you have more data to load. In my case (given the user's settings) there's no more data to load hence me wanting to display something like 'End of Data' or '...' below the last record. How does one test for the last record in a dataview?

Regards
    Riyaad

Answers
    Vote Rating

Okay I found the noMoreRecordsText config in the ListPaging plugin ...seems it has the same problem emptyText has in ST2 - that being that when you user comes back to the app (with settings already setup) and there's no records ...the emptyText is not fired up. For the record nor is noMoreRecordsText. Upon refresh - it works. Does ST2.1 resolve this?

Thread Participants: 1