Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brookd is on a distinguished road

Default Ext 3.x support for IE 10?

Ext 3.x support for IE 10?

Does anyone know when IE10 support will be released. 3.4.2 seems to not work very well with IE 10. The Ext.isIE6 property is 'true' on IE10, which I think must cause all kinds of problems with hacks internally targeted for IE6.

Does anyone know?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

+1 this is critical...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough

I'm not usually one for jumping on bandwagons and asking for direct answers regarding timescales (my usual answer when posed such questions is "when it's ready"), but I have to agree with the topic poster that at least some "extremely rough" estimate of when this might appear would be greatly appreciated.

I too am currently being hit over the head on a daily basis by our QA department and customers alike asking when IE10 will be fully supported - and not being able to give an answer can be challenging!

From what I can see from my own testing with IE10, I could probably fix the issues I have encountered manually - but if an official release is imminent then I'd rather not waste that time I could dedicate to other projects. Obviously the main aim is to move over to EXT4 which doesn't appear to have the same issues - but that also might take a while

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by brookd View Post
    Does anyone know when IE10 support will be released. 3.4.2 seems to not work very well with IE 10. The Ext.isIE6 property is 'true' on IE10, which I think must cause all kinds of problems with hacks internally targeted for IE6.

Does anyone know?
    I hacked ext-base.js to make IE6=false for IE10, but this does not correct the rendering problems. We need Sencha to update v3 to support IE10.

Without this update ExtJS version 3 is effectively unsupported which contradicts everything that Sencha has officially stated. We *really* need an official statement from Sencha so that we can inform our customers that they have a supported product.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough

Sencha have already stated that 3.x WILL be updated to support IE10 - so I believe the only remaining question is when this update will be available

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

A timeline that may change looks like a 3.4.2 for support subscribers could make it in Q1 of 2013.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Many thanks Mitchell - the estimated release date is much appreciated

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I've now manually updated the ext-base and ext-all files to fix the issues I was experiencing in my app with IE10.

The main issues which were being encountered were:
    • The shadows of all components being rendered incorrectly.
    • All dropdown menus (including calendar controls) being given the minimum width, and squashing their contents.
    • All menu items not displaying their icons
    • Disabled buttons not displaying as disabled.
    The biggest cause of all these issues was because the the EXT code wasn't recognising IE10, therefore set up the code to respond as for IE6. Adding this detection into the base file fixed most of these issues with little additional work required.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

For anyone else wanting to repeat this course of action, I would recommend the following:

In ext-base-debug.js, search for the following pieces of code, then add the sections in green:
    Code:
    isIE = !isOpera && check(/msie/),
    isIE7 = isIE && (check(/msie 7/) || docMode == 7),
    isIE8 = isIE && (check(/msie 8/) && docMode != 7),
    isIE9 = isIE && check(/msie 9/),
    isIE10 = isIE && check(/msie 10/),
    isIE6 = isIE && !isIE7 && !isIE8 && !isIE9 && !isIE10,
    Code:
    isIE : isIE,
    /**
    * True if the detected browser is Internet Explorer 6.x.
    * @type Boolean
    */
    isIE6 : isIE6,
    /**
    * True if the detected browser is Internet Explorer 7.x.
    * @type Boolean
    */
    isIE7 : isIE7,
    /**
    * True if the detected browser is Internet Explorer 8.x.
    * @type Boolean
    */
    isIE8 : isIE8,
    /**
    * True if the detected browser is Internet Explorer 9.x.
    * @type Boolean
    */
    isIE9 : isIE9,
    /**
    * True if the detected browser is Internet Explorer 10.x.
    * @type Boolean
    */
    isIE10 : isIE10,
    Then in ext-all-debug.js, amend the following line of code to the following:
    Code:
    var cls = [' ',
    Ext.isIE ? "ext-ie " + (Ext.isIE6 ? 'ext-ie6' : (Ext.isIE7 ? 'ext-ie7' : (Ext.isIE8 ? 'ext-ie8' : (Ext.isIE9 ? 'ext-ie9' : 'ext-ie10'))))
    : Ext.isGecko ? "ext-gecko " + (Ext.isGecko2 ? 'ext-gecko2' : 'ext-gecko3')
    : Ext.isOpera ? "ext-opera"
    : Ext.isWebKit ? "ext-webkit" : ""];
    I would then simply recommend doing what I did, and search through the ext-all-debug.js file for all instances of "isIE" (there are too many to include here) and check if they need amending to include / exclude sections of code based on being "isIE10".

Once complete, minify the modified files and try them out in your app.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jbd007 is on a distinguished road

Default Any updates on this ???!!!

Any updates on this ???!!!

I tried the suggested 'fix' but it didn't help me ... have a bunch of IE10 complaints now from our customers. When will 3.4.2 be available?