You found a bug! We've classified it as SDKTOOLS-253 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    cmeans is on a distinguished road

Default 2 possible bugs/issues with v3.0.0.230

2 possible bugs/issues with v3.0.0.230

I'm running this on Windows XP SP3.

ExtJS v4.1.1a commercial.

Quite possibly I just have something configured wrong...

Whenever I run "sencha app build", I get a new (empty) directory called "build" (one level above at the level of my application directory).

The "build" directory inside my application directory is created and populated correctly...it's just weird getting that extra "build" directory above.

The build "process" did not detect that I had an xtype=form, with standardSubmit = true.

Once I added 'Ext.form.action.StandardSubmit' to the requires array in the app.js, all was good...but I would have expected the process to detect it's requirement from the code.

Are these problems mine (configuration/understanding), or elsewhere?

Thanks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

#1 Is the build directory weird or the app name directory within the build directory? Remember you can have multiple workspaces now so I'm not too sure why it's weird.

#2 Cmd will auto-detect some things but not everything yet. It's a good rule of thumb that if the Ext JS class you are extending does not require it, you must. For your case, neither Ext.form.Panel and Ext.form.Basic require Ext.form.action.StandardSubmit so you must.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

I'm using the default "build" directory name: build.

The app name is "Locator".

I checked two other projects that I've been working on, and it's not happening there.

The only thing I note that's different is that the Eclipse project name & main folder has underscores "_" in the folder name.

Understood. It just means that we need to remember to test every single part of the UI after a code change to be sure we've confirmed that all library code we need has been added.

But, that's reasonable.

Thanks.

-Chris

Vote Rating

I appear to have tracked down where the issue is:

If I leave the default (initial) setting:

Code:
    workspace.build.dir=${workspace.dir}/build/${app.name}
    in .sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg, then I get that extra (but empty) "build" folder.

If however, it set it to something else like:

Code:
    workspace.build.dir=${workspace.dir}/../../PrecompiledWeb/${app.name}
    I then don't appear to get any extra folders created anywhere.

-Chris

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

We are missing some entries in our auto-dependency configuration file ... for standardSubmit - thanks!

Thread Participants: 2