Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Did you run "sencha app upgrade" from the app root folder? It almost looks like it was executed from a src subfolder. I'll check with others on the callstack.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating
    cmeans is on a distinguished road

Yes, I ran it in the app root folder. Same place I run "sencha app build" from.

I did try running "sencha app upgrade" without the path to ExtJS but it didn't like that

I had to sanitize the path a bit (in my "bug" posting) to exclude some client proprietary names, but the paths in the output I provided are all consistent.

Vote Rating

A new issue is that since the "upgrade" (once I cleaned things up a bit), it's now deploying the production output to a folder named "production" below my build target.

I've tried to override that by creating a local.properties file in my .sencha/app folder and setting:

Code:
    args.environment=
    But that didn't seem to make a difference.

Vote Rating

I realize I'm mixing a number of issues into this one thread...but this did seem to do the trick for removing Ext.dd:

<property name="build.operations" value="exclude ${line.separator} -namespace=Ext.dd"/>

Having an actual new line manually entered in the ANT script just kept causing errors.

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

To make all builds go to the same folder you can set the "build.dir" property. It now includes the build environment in formulating that path. Maybe this in your build.xml:

Code:
        <target name="-before-init">
            <property name="build.dir" location="../build" />
        </target>
    Or you could put that in local.properties but that was intended to be just for you personally and not committed to source control.
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by cmeans View Post
    I realize I'm mixing a number of issues into this one thread...but this did seem to do the trick for removing Ext.dd:

<property name="build.operations" value="exclude ${line.separator} -namespace=Ext.dd"/>

Having an actual new line manually entered in the ANT script just kept causing errors.
    Good technique there... I think I will recommend folks to do that for the build.operations property. Thanks for sharing it and glad to hear it is working for you
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    To make all builds go to the same folder you can set the "build.dir" property. It now includes the build environment in formulating that path. Maybe this in your build.xml:

Code:
            <property name="build.dir" location="../build" />
        </target>
    Or you could put that in local.properties but that was intended to be just for you personally and not committed to source control.
    Good know about "local.properties"...I'll add that to our instructions.

However, the above change didn't get the result I wanted.

I currently have this in my .sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg:

Code:
    workspace.build.dir=${workspace.dir}/../../PrecompiledWeb/${app.name}
    Which had worked fine for deploying the built code to the intended folder.

Should I blank that out and use the -before-init setting but with the "working" value?

Vote Rating

This did the trick...just moving the value into the build.xml as you directed:

Code:
                <property name="build.dir" location="${workspace.dir}/../../PrecompiledWeb/${app.name}" />
        </target>
    Thanks.

Vote Rating

Sure thing.

For build settings (vs Cmd configuration) I try to keep things in build.xml (or local.properties for personal settings). It just happens that sencha.cfg properties are imported into the build process for helpfulness in respecting those settings.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    Good technique there... I think I will recommend folks to do that for the build.operations property. Thanks for sharing it and glad to hear it is working for you
    I'm a dummy...my app does rely on Ext.dd (I hadn't thought about window resizing and a split bar being DD...but it makes sense).

Though the all-classes.js is smaller with the latest version of Cmd, I'd still like to make sure it is as small as I can get it...any suggestions for things to look for (or techniques to apply)?

Thanks.

Thread Participants: 1