Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ubuuntu is on a distinguished road

Default Migrating to SenchaCmd 3

Migrating to SenchaCmd 3

Hi,

This is my first post here (!) - I am fairly new to sencha as well.

I have recently joined a project which is built on sencha 2.0.0B3. We are now looking at migrating to v3, and with looking at release notes and various bits of documentation I am still unable to piece together exactly how to migrate the project.

Is there a migration guide for SenchaCmd? I see that the sencha command line is substantially different to the point that our project doesn't build.

Similarly, is there a migration guide for sencha-touch - from 2.0 to 2.1?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Sencha Touch 2.0 requires SDK Tools v2 (the build you are using) and cannot use Sencha Cmd v3 so don't try to upgrade tooling until you are ready to upgrade the framework.

Sencha Touch 2.1 requires Sencha Cmd v3 so when you are ready to upgrade the framework, that is the time to look into Cmd.

I would direct your Sencha Touch questions to the Sencha Touch forum: http://www.sencha.com/forum/forumdis...ch-2.x-Q-amp-A

As it relates to Sencha Cmd, you can start with "sencha app upgrade" as that will upgrade your app from SDK Tools to Sencha Cmd (basically generating the ".sencha" folder and its content) as well as install the new version of Sencha Touch in your project. There will be some work on the app of course, but hopefully the Sencha Touch forum and guides will be helpful in that upgrade.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thread Participants: 1