Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nguerin is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Where does the app name that sencha sdk-tools uses to generate files come from?

Unanswered: Where does the app name that sencha sdk-tools uses to generate files come from?

Love the SDK tools. I just used them to create a new model:

Code:
    sencha generate model --name=BusinessObject --fields=data:string,key:string,name:string,status:int,timestamp:string
    The only problem was that the prefix that it choose to use for the class was not the prefix that the rest of my app uses. It called the new model:

Code:
    'Phonegap.model.BusinessObject'
    while my app.js has this as the application name:
    Code:
    Ext.application({	name: 'Cortana',
    	requires: [
    		'Ext.MessageBox',
    	    'Cortana.manager.Login',
    		'Cortana.manager.EnvironmentResolver',
    	    'Cortana.manager.UrlResolver'
    	] ...
    Where do the sdk-tools get the app name from? I'd like to change it so it generates the correct model name (Cortana) the next time. Thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Using the new Sencha Cmd, when you generate the app:

Code:
    sencha generate app MyApp /path/to/MyApp
    It will use MyApp as the name. To change it you have to go through all the app classes in the app dir but also in the build.xml file the project node you will see the name attrib that you would have to change also. app.json also would need changed.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nguerin is on a distinguished road

Cool, thanks for the info. I was using the Sencha 2.0 SDK, not the new cmd. But hopefully we'll be able to update the project to 2.1 soon so we can use the cmd.

Thread Participants: 1