Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    radmila80 is on a distinguished road

Default Configure dynamic columns in gridpanel

Configure dynamic columns in gridpanel

How can I set column property of gridpanel to accept dynamic variable using Architect? I have a working extjs code (non-Architect) that defines column property like this:

var grid = Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
    columns: {
    items: gridColumns

where gridColumns is some variable I create when i get json from the server.

I need to recreate this code into Architect, but column property seems to always require at least one field to be present. Is there a way to set column property in Architect same way as I set it in non-Architect code?

Thank you.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

radmila80 -

You can either dynamically call the reconfigure method to inject new columns or you can create an override and replace the columns.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    radmila80 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for a quick reply. I do call grid reconfig to populate dynamic columns. I was looking for a way to make code less confusing and not having to declare unused column definition. My coworker suggested to manually update metadata file but we are not sure if it is a good idea.

Thread Participants: 1