Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    slsmithtx is on a distinguished road

Default Store field convert function not updating the value

Store field convert function not updating the value

I'm trying to use a convert function and it isn't working for some reason. The code looks like this:
    Code:
                            {name:'provider_display_name',convert: function(v,record){
                                try {
                                    var retval = '', json;
                                    if (!Ext.isEmpty(record.resource_provider_json)){
                                        if (Ext.isString(record.resource_provider_json)){
                                            json = Ext.util.JSON.decode(record.resource_provider_json);
                                        } else {
                                            json = record.resource_provider_json;    
                                        }
                                    }
                                    if (Ext.isEmpty(json)){
                                        if (!Ext.isEmpty(record.labor_provider_json)){
                                            if (Ext.isString(record.labor_provider_json)){
                                                json = Ext.util.JSON.decode(record.labor_provider_json);
                                            } else {
                                                json = record.labor_provider_json;    
                                            }
                                        }
                                    }
                                    if (!Ext.isEmpty(json) && !Ext.isEmpty(json.display_name)){
                                        retval = json.display_name;
                                    }
                                    return retval;
                                }catch(e){
                                    global.handleError(e);
                                    return '';
                                }
                            }},
    I can do a console.log of retval before returning it and it is getting set. But in the record that loads in the grid the value is undefined. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by slsmithtx; 8 Nov 2012 at 4:53 PM. Reason: Misspelling in the title

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough

Would you be able to give an example of what an example record would look like?

It seems as though each of your record field values could contain JSON, which in itself seems a little out of the ordinary.

With an example record showing what data you expect to receive then I could knock up an example and try to work out what's going wrong.

Thread Participants: 1